Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reconfig a triangle softpack to rectangle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconfig a triangle softpack to rectangle?

I have a triangle shaped 52V battery pack that I would like to rearrange to a rectangle shaped pack. Is it possible and what is the process involved to do this?

I guess anything is possible. You'd have to strip the pack down and see how the cells are welded/tied together in the triangle. Then based on that, plan on what cells you want to re-arrange to make the rectangle configuration. Hopefully you could do it by moving cells in as large of groups as possible, but ultimately you're likely going to need to break out some singe cells and re-spot weld them into a new configuration. Of course all this work would be on a hot / 'live' battery, so you need to take absolute care to know what cells you are tying into what, where the connectors are going, etc. One wrong connection and it could short a portion, or all of the battery together - then the fireworks begin.

Building a homebrew battery from scratch is somewhat tedious, but certainly a do-able project. Tearing one down and re-building obviously increases the 'tedious' factor by a couple notches.

Comment

Very, very involved, not really practical... be better off building/buying a different battery and frankly even if building from scratch doesn't make sense economically unless you are building at least a few

Maybe a better approach would be to sell that battery and buy what you need

Comment

Working...
      X