goldilocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goldilocks

it was a stepthru kids mtb 24" wheels caliper brakes...

lockdown came,24" rwd and a 26" disc ready wheel [diy tabs]

didn't care for an entire throttle(thumbing it)

grin stuff

that sissy bar is probly stronger than the dropouts
    ​​​​​

so yeah,this thing has been slowly(like 13 years ago)growing under the stairs
    ;)

Comment

so I got a circuit breaker/disconnect and a voltage buck with a usb port .The headlight I ordered is 5v and my taillight is 36-48(how do they do that?) pics when I start the chassis enclosure

Comment

The raw LEDs used for lighting run at a fairly low voltage and current so unless you are talking about a system that is using a watch battery you need some way to reduce the voltage and control the current. If its a single led the cheapest way is a resistor. If your design has multiple LED's then they often do a series parallel thing kinda like the old xmas lights where if one burns out you loose a several in a row. If you want to do it right or add dimming or some intelligence like it will flash or dim as the battery voltage drops you need some brains and that dimming circuit in there so that basically becomes a regulator. You press the button twice for medium mode the little microprocessor tells the dimmer to output that much to the LED so as long as the input is higher and enough to keep the electronics /brains alive (usually only 5v) it can work over a wide range of input voltages. 20 years ago that technology was expensive but today it comes on a 1 cent chip you put on a 25 cent board that one way or another you didn't have to pay for the design of.

Only reason we don't see more lights with a range of 6-70+ volts is higher voltage chips cost more and are larger so maybe a 3 cent chip and a 75 cent board that now needs a new housing designed and has to be made in a bigger more expensive to operate machine because its 2mm wider than the old board..... We are seeing more and more lights and other things with a wider input range now because we are seeing more higher voltage applications. I was looking at flood lights for my snow blowing lawnmower and noticed 12-60 volt range. Was thinking of getting one just to see how or if it could work on my bike, if it didn't I'm sure it would work on my mower or golf cart. I see 24 a lot now days and more and more 48. I think 24 is common for marine and some RV stuff. I think its when you put solar in the mix which is gaining in popularity is when you start getting the higher voltages.

Comment

Working...
        X