Marin Rift Zone 2 BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marin Rift Zone 2 BBSHD

Hello, good people of the electric bike world. I am just Josh and I am excited to be here. For the last 2 months, I have been obsessed with all things E-bike. I have relearned about electricity, batteries, and bike building. It's really great to see the growth of a product that is changing the paradigm of transport. The growth, innovation, and customization are awesome. However, as with anything online, there are groups that like each other and groups that hate each other. This seems to be the way things are especially when dealing with people online. I have reached out to a lot of people in the last 2 months most of them have been friendly, patient, and provided a lot of useful information to my newbie ass. After finding out about some of the bad seed people, I found this forum. Everyone seems to be pretty excepting and helpful here. Thank you all for that! So, after 2 months of gather intel, I finally pulled the trigger. I have gotten a Marin Rift Zone 2 as my base for my build. For my drive, I was torn between the bbshd and the new Cyc x1 Pro gen2. So I reached out to Luna and got in touch with Tony. Tony was super helpful. He answered all my questions, provided details as to the who, what, when, and why. He explained the differences between the drives, suggested things based on my needs and I didn't feel like he was trying to hard sell me on anything. After that I decided to go with the Bafang BBSHD, parts are available, you can fix stuff when broken, easier to install for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience. For the battery, I decided to go to Chris over at Litespeed. Chris was another super helpful guy who answered my questions and provided great feedback to me. I have a super shark 52 volt 18 ah, using Sony vtc6 batteries being built. I look forward to this project and hope that you enjoy the build as well. Cheers. Josh.

Hey,

Interested in your build progress! I'm planning on purchashing this bike for a BBSHD build.

How well does the motor fit the curve near the bottom bracket?

Thanks,

Comment

I've currently got a hardtail 52V 1500W hub motor build (Pictured) lots of fun but not great for throwing round corners with all that weigth on the wheel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210528_172137.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	130786

Comment

Working...
      X