Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ejphotos
    replied
    Good info. One of my bikes has the same press fit BB92 as well as the ISCG5 tabs. I don't want to grind and tabs off - this gives me more reason to look into the CYC motor.
    How close is that motor to the rear tire?

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Normally I would be trying to explain the differences between the Lekkie and the Eclipse but based on your photos I'm thinking the Eclipse would be the way to go. Worst case it will need a thin spacer. The Lekkie 42 is 1mm more offset than the stock one and is roughly inline with the seam in the gear case. Based on your photos you have more room than that. The Eclipse is 6mm further in than stock so just a hair past the inside edge of the gear case which looks like it will be pretty close in your case. If you don't have some spacers from the install helpers kit maybe order a couple with the Eclipse so you have them if you need them.

Leave a comment:

• xnoitulos
    replied
    Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
    Got a chain on yet? From what I can see it looks like you will have to use a Luna Eclipse to get the maximum offset. Is there room for a triangle battery?
    Yeah, you are correct, I will need the Eclipse 42T offset to get the chainline right. The stock 46t ring lines up with the 2nd cog. The battery will go above the top tube, still need to swap out the Anderson connector for a XT90. Also, the handlebar on this bike is wide (780mm) so also need a throttle extension cable. Just a couple small parts and should be complete!

Leave a comment:

• 73Eldo
    replied
    Got a chain on yet? From what I can see it looks like you will have to use a Luna Eclipse to get the maximum offset. Is there room for a triangle battery?

Leave a comment:

• BBSHD on 2019 Kona Process 153 with BB92 bottom bracket

Hi all,
    I wanted to share this setup. I used the EMPowered BB92 adapter on this 2019 Kona Process. A neighbor bought the bike new and saw me riding my eBikes around. He asked if he could electrify his bike. At first I said No, because the rear spacing is Thru Axle 148mm Boost spacing (does anyone make a hub motor with this spacing?) and the BB92 is a Press Fit style which takes most mid-drives out of the picture. I then came across this adapter that lets you run a 100mm BBSHD on a BB92 bottom bracket. After ordering up the motor kit and battery, I went to install the motor only to find out that the frame yhas some ISCG05 tabs welded to the BB shell that interfere with the motor. After some discussion, and triple checking everything with some templates that I made, it was determined that the motor could still fit by removing just one tab. Hacked it off and cleaned it up with a file and sure enough I got it to fit!

(Sorry, had to rotate the photos to get them to upload)
Working...
X