Luna Cargo Frame with a Cyclone Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Cargo Frame with a Cyclone Motor

I just received my Luna Cargo Frame and several accessories from Luna Cycle. I wonder if anyone here has installed the Cyclone motor on the Luna Cargo Frame? If not has anyone possibly seen a thread on any site (endless-sphere? electricbike-blog?) where the Cyclone was installed directly on the Luna Cargo Frame? I only ask because I really thought it would be a perfect idea to get the Cyclone with the Luna Cargo Frame as it is a mid drive and the Luna seems built for this specifically. I thought that with the amount of Luna Cargo Frames being sold as well as the affordable Cyclone motor then there is a good chance someone has attempted to do this before and any other attempt would be a good reference point. It looks to be a bit bigger challenge without any referral builds but certainly not impossible with a bit of fabrication. I've searched but had no luck in finding anything this specific. Thanks for any feedback!

Electric bike blog did a nice piece and there's 4 threads on ES that should be helpful. Most frame buyers were advanced builders. The frames have many issues to overcome. Check out Gman' s YouTube pages for great assistance. I'd start a thread with pictures of progress on ES. Stay polite and search out other builders from previous threads and invite their advise and reviews. Above all don't be an askhole. Take your time.

Comment

Yah I'll completely agree its a long process. Not something I would accomplish overnight for certain. Gman's videos and advice were invaluable in my gaining knowledge already about the Cyclone. I'll make sure to look around and document the process.

Comment

So can anyone recommend a strong/reliable rear hub for use with a Cyclone 3K mid-drive motor? I also need a front hub for my wheel build and I'm trying to get something strong. I'd prefer a 36h over a 32h for both front and rear rims. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Yes I will be using a 7 speed cassette with this build and I'd rather err on the side of overbuilding both hubs rather than having problems later.

Comment

I've been drooling over Surly hubs. I think my first attempt at a wheel build this winter will be on a pair.

Comment

Louis, thanks and I think those are definitely a good choice. They aren't ridiculously priced either.

Comment

Originally posted by casuarinatree View Post
                Louis, thanks and I think those are definitely a good choice. They aren't ridiculously priced either.
                I should thank you, I found a hub I didn't know existed. Surly Ultra New Fix/Free Hub. http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/surly-ultra-new-fix-free-hub-rear-32h-130mm-black?gclid=CIb-lJWexs

So many parts and solutions to build problems are already done for us. It just takes some patience and searching.

Comment

I put a cyclone in a Luna frame and it hauls ass. I put it in the front "battery" area and the battery in the mid drive area. I believe the battery was initially intended to go there.

Comment

@ Louis Luna - I saw that same Surly hub and probably will get it as well...

@ Pip - How is that IGH holding up?

Comment

Working...
                    X