Cannondale F4 "Caffeine" with BBSHD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannondale F4 "Caffeine" with BBSHD

Just finished building an e-bike out of my old Cannondale F4 "Caffeine" 26" hard tail. The BBSHD went right into the 68mm bottom bracket with no issues at all. The stock gear provides a good chain line with no need for spacers. The 42t Luna gear did not line up. The 52v Carbon Shark battery fits in the frame with room to spare. It took me less than 2 hrs to complete the project: it was that easy. It climbs 24% grade at 15mph. Top speed about 36mph on the flats. So much fun to ride around!

Nice, what size is the frame and approximate year of manufacture.I just love these old bikes, so easy to convert with the standard BB., possible to have a larger image as I would like to post it here, http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ible-pictorial

Comment

It's a 2009 and medium size. Top tube length is 22", height from BB to top of seat tube is 17"
      This is a larger photo (3Mb). If it didn't upload as a large image I'll put it on Flickr and send the link.

Regards!
      -Dave

Comment

Interesting. I have an f700 that is a few years older, but very similar layout. I was going to buy a quick frame to build, but maybe I'll bolt a bbshd onto my existing bike. That top end is pretty good. How big of a ring are you running in front?

Comment

Working...
        X