Electric Enduro Cyclone 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Enduro Cyclone 3000

It's at the shop getting the brake adapters right now. Here's some pics of the mock up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5495.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	26914
    Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:40 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5496.jpg Views:	1 Size:	508.8 KB ID:	26916
    Front suspension is temporary 40$ cl find
    Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:40 PM. Reason: upload full photo

Comment

Name:	image_5497.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	527.7 KB
ID:	26918 Close up of the mounting arrangement.
      Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

where do or did you get that frame? Looks great!
        Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM. Reason: upload full photo

Comment

Luna Cycle sold me the frame, motor kit, battery, and charger

Comment

• g725s
            g725s commented
            Editing a comment
            is that frame setup to mount the Cyclone or did you have to fabricate a custom mount?

Big thanks to everyone who posts videos, writeups, and articles on their experiences, and builds. They have been priceless!

Comment

And thanks again!

Comment

I am trying to build this project utilizing the parts supplied with the kits. As a do it yourselfer, with basic tools. The supplied motor mounts were cut, drilled, and spaced inside the frame. The side covers will also need to be trimmed to make room for the massive electric motor. Also I was told that 10 speed cassettes are too big for the dropouts, but it's okay because of the high torque motor. One should also wrap thyself in bubble wrap when riding such a beast;) , & 27.5 is too big :(

Comment

Excellent! I was thinking of doing the exact same build. You can't beat the price/layout of that frame...! I knew it couldn't be that hard to mod in a mid drive. Are those two cad-plated socket head caps the other end of the mount brackets?
                So, the 27.5" rear wheel is too big? What's the widest rear tire you can fit? What battery is that?
                I just now see you're in Renton. I'm up in Kirkland. I just got my Cyclone kit, in front of the rest of the bike, as I thought I wanted to do a fattie. Now, I'm not so sure...
                What about an internally geared hub for the rear?
                Can't wait to see your progress.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	515.8 KB
ID:	28432 Stainless fasteners, cad plated washers. I got the 27.5 to clear the rear shock by flipping it. There is only about a 1/4" clearance by the rear shock mount, and 1/2" on the sides. The 2.4" is actually 2.3".

http://www.enduroebike.com/sale-7889...-4-0-tire.html

Apparently a 4" tire will fit on 24" rim. So, 2.7/2.8 on a 26 without modification. An internally geared hub would make for a super clean build. The price point of this build is remarkable. I got pretty much everything on sale, and new take-off so I'm into the project about $2250, but I'll probably spend another $1250 on an extra battery(52v 7ah Might Mini), decent fork, and better hubs etc. I'm 6'5", and it fits me perfect.
                  Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	521.4 KB
ID:	28435
                    Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	511.7 KB
ID:	28437
                      Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:43 PM. Reason: upload full photo

Comment

Name:	
Size:	513.8 KB
ID:	28439
                        Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	28442
                          Last edited by Rodney64; 02-19-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Rodney64
                            Rodney64 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice, how does it ride, and what did you use as motor mounts

I modified the mounts that are supplied with the kit. I cut off the section that gets sandwiched in the bottom bracket. Then I drilled, and bolted to the bottom bracket mounting section that connects the triangle to the bottom bracket. Then spaced it more to the left with a different configuration of the mount spacers. I'll take better pictures when I install the next wave of upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                          X