Luna frame builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna frame builds

I'm building a bike with the Lunacycle frame and I have a full build thread at ES that I update as I can,

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...hp?f=6&t=75112

My build uses a custom mid drive by Lightning Rods, here it is today out for the first test ride, lots more to do but it's nice I can start to use it.

Anyone else building a Luna welcome to post here,
    Last edited by Marin; 04-14-2016, 08:50 AM.

Very nice build. How do you like the Lightning Rods motor? Is it a difficult install? That looks like a modified luna frame.

Comment

Nice,

There's only a few frames that I've seen that have room for stuff like drives and batteries behind the seat post tube.

It's a cool spot that may go underutilized, as the main triangle area is already designed for a big battery box.

I saw this one too, with a Cyclone motor placed there, even though the motor sprocket looks like it may be problematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Earl%20McDonald%20cyclone%20on%20luna%20frame.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	4124

Comment

Originally posted by ironjack View Post
        Very nice build. How do you like the Lightning Rods motor? Is it a difficult install? That looks like a modified luna frame.
        It's not a difficult install, this Lightning Rods motor comes fully assembled and you just bolt it to the frame, I'm just test riding around a big lot by my workshop and so far it's very powerful. The Luna frame is not altered at all except that I'm using Rockshox Totem suspension forks instead of the Luna forks.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Livingstone View Post
          Nice,

There's only a few frames that I've seen that have room for stuff like drives and batteries behind the seat post tube.

It's a cool spot that may go underutilized, as the main triangle area is already designed for a big battery box.

I saw this one too, with a Cyclone motor placed there, even though the motor sprocket looks like it may be problematic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n4124[/ATTACH]
          It looks like they need to have the idler pulley set up on that, it's in place and ready to be used

Comment

Yeah,

But it's on the upper side of the chainline.

That's like trying to push a rope into tubing, I think. I mean, it can be done. I could be mistaken. Maybe nobody has tried it yet.

The typical, lower wattage Cyclone motors in that same basic location are on the pull side of the chainring, and do have an idler. Click image for larger version

Name:	Idler.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	4139

Last edited by Christian Livingstone; 04-14-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marin View Post

It's not a difficult install, this Lightning Rods motor comes fully assembled and you just bolt it to the frame, I'm just test riding around a big lot by my workshop and so far it's very powerful. The Luna frame is not altered at all except that I'm using Rockshox Totem suspension forks instead of the Luna forks.
              Wow did you have that front fork from another bike because I have been looking up front forks and I have been getting sticker shock.

Comment

Nice build, how is it working? what power? Is it the smallblock or the big block?

G.
                Alpha One 6000W tadpole e-Trike (Cyclone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFC8MRwvgUM
                Alpha Two Cyclone 3000W tadpole e-Trike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkakVw8yY8E
                Electric Cyclone 3000W eBike "power mod": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_weSmz_h3Ig

Comment

Working...
                X