Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider
    replied
    Very nice ebike! Your Rohloff makes me jealous. I want to upgrade to one someday, but will have to sell off one of my ebikes to do it. Just got my Surly ECR pedaling today, but the left crank arm is too close to the rear stay for comfort. How is your left crank arm clearance on the Ogre?

That looks like a BBSHD 1000W mid-drive to me, not a BBS02 750W. Typo or did you really think it was a BBS02?

I like your thought regarding weekend overnight trips. Hoping to do a few on my ECR, possibly fishing weekends in the eastern Seirras.

Leave a comment:

• PedalAZ
    replied
    The Rohloff hub is a dream. Heavy, but the shifting is really solid, smooth, and quiet, with tremendous gear range.
    Last edited by PedalAZ; 06-08-2018, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hard Tail
    replied
    Hi Pedal AZ. I’m very impressed with your first build project. I’v been thinking about a chromoly 29er MTB for my next build and your build is certainly providing inspiration. Probably knowing the answer, but why did you choose the molly frame for the doner bike. Also Interesting front fork set. No suspension up front.? Looks like quality and well engineered. I’d like to hear how it all works when you get some miles under the tyres in AZ.

Leave a comment:

• PedalAZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PedalAZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PedalAZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PedalAZ
    started a topic Surly Ogre with Luna/Bafang 750w mid drive

Surly Ogre with Luna/Bafang 750w mid drive

My first eBike, set up for riding forest roads and less technical trails around Prescott, AZ. Tons of hills here, where the climbing power will be handy. I may attempt some out and back overnights, hanging some storage on this very utilitarian frameset.

First test ride delivered over 40 mph on flats, over 20 on a steep paved climb, and fun on singletrack. The throttle is too sensitive, when power comes on suddenly, or by mistake, riding in rock gardens and technical terrain, when the finesse of pedal power is preferable.

Surly Ogre, Large, with Surly rigid fork
    Designed as a pavement, gravel and singletrack beast of burden
    Cromoly steel, tig welded, plenty of accessory mounts
    Horizontal dropouts, Rohloff disc tab

Luna Bafang BBSHD 750W Motor Kit with Luna DPC-18 color display
    Luna 52V Shark Battery 13.5 amp hr
    Luna 52V 300W Charger
    Luna Eclipse offset 42 tooth chain ring, 16 tooth rear cog, 2.625:1 ratio, Connex chain
    Single speed chain drive, with Rohloff 14 speed internal hub on rear

Cane Creek headset
    Brooks saddle
    Race Face seat post
    3T Extendo Pro aluminum bar 12 Degree sweep
    Origin8 Pro Pulsion stem
    Flat pedals

Avid mechanical disc brakes BB7 Road with Bafang electric motor disconnect levers
    180 mm rotor front, 160 mm rotor rear

Stans Flow MK3 29" Rims 29mm width (black 32 hole, with black spokes)
    Maxxis Ardent 2.4" tires front & rear, tubeless, and hope hub on front

48 lbs, dripping wet
    Last edited by PedalAZ; 06-09-2018, 07:23 AM.
Working...
X