Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its not quite a car, nor is it quite a bike. Not sure what to call it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not quite a car, nor is it quite a bike. Not sure what to call it.

Getting ready to mount the rear wheel and steering assembly. Still trying to decide if it's going to be a 52v or 72v vehicle. Making my own custom touchscreen dash for the cyclone system I bought from Luna! I'm thinking of programming three modes......750w street legal mode. 1500w hill mode and finally a 3000w insane mode. This is my version of the hodge hawk I found on the internet. Let me know what you think of my creation!

Most awesome creation! That's pretty original, too. A real turn-carver, I bet.

Keep sharing it as you go, please!
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• badomni
      badomni commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback! I will post pics periodically.

Well that will be a blast, good work.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	posi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	80761Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch disc.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	80762Click image for larger version

Name:	posi axle.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	80760

Comment

• badomni
        badomni commented
        Editing a comment
        This is design a came up with for a limited slip diff. That way both wheels have drive in the snow!

• badomni
        badomni commented
        Editing a comment
        This is design a came up with for a limited slip diff. That way both wheels have drive in the snow!

What? Are those magnets, and are you using magnetic flux drag on aluminum to generate the torque during slip?! Methinks so, and if so, cool!!!
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• badomni
        badomni commented
        Editing a comment
        they are small bike brake disc. however you have a novel idea, since the disc are steel. only the housing is aluminum.

• Rider
        Rider commented
        Editing a comment
        And it has that Hot Rod Jag rear end mystic about it!

Interesting project. Really like the end product full bodied photo. Beautiful lines!

• JPLabs
        JPLabs commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, OK, I see. How do you control clamp load on the brake pads? Is it spring loaded somehow?

That is super cool. Street legal? Where?
      Robert

Comment

• badomni
        badomni commented
        Editing a comment
        should be legal anywhere in the US. Ohio law says no more than 3 wheels, tires have to be at least 19 inches tall. 750w for street. its only 42 inches wide.

NC law limits e-bike weight to 75 lbs. I could be wrong but I doubt this would make the cut off. Is there a weight limit in OH? I still think it's awesome! Keep posting as you go.
      Robert

EDIT: Embarrassed to say I am incorrect. I just reviewed the most current e-bike law in NC and THERE IS NO WEIGHT LIMIT. That is cool because it opens the door to my double Harley wheel fat tire bike!
      Robert
      Last edited by Robert62; 01-07-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Got the back tire mounted. Still need to weld the back bars on. Got my touch screen dash working too. Steering is next!

Comment

Steering in the rear like a fork lift truck? I can't tell You how long have I been waiting to see a build like this, myself being a warehouse worker and loving the maneuverability. This is simply awesome!
          Last edited by toro1978; 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I really like this! Any progress?
            Robert

Comment

Working...
            X