1978 Moped Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 Moped Conversion

Here’s my winter project. I just got it mocked up this morning, and I have LOTS of work to do yet. I laced a QS 205 50H V3 motor into the steel 16” rim, and it’s getting powered by a li-ion pack of 264 25R’s - 22S 12P. Planning to put the monster pack where the 2 stroke engine used to be to keep the weight down low and out of the way.

I have the title, and I’m going to see what’s involved with making it 100% street legal with plate and all. If anything I’ll just register it as the 49cc putt-putt it used to be.
    First mock up. LOTS of work to do yet!

That's a great project! lacing the wheel is a good start, already. It's a good looking scooter. Are the forks and bars stock?
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Forks are aftermarket, for a Puch Magnum. I wanted to go beefy and reliable on the front suspension, and the stock forks were shot. The bars are from a ‘79 Motron moped, and they’re identical to the ones that were on here. The stock bars were welded to the the quill stem so I decided to scrap them.

going to beef up the rear suspension and a bunch of other stuff to make it safer. I be working on it over the next few months & will post updates.

Comment

Working...
      X