• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And

Comment

Few more

Comment

Now the final look more or less is established, time to get the trim ideas going(original idea not going to work). So here are some pics of decals, tank art, WWII nose art, etc that are being debated. I am leaning towards the Vintage Electric, with a few modifications. (Off White instead of blue, and possibly a bike instead of the "V" and stars. The bike itself has a few "spades" etched into the frame and other parts(not noticeable unless close up) and I could paint those black or off white if I go with anything "spade" related. I also have the little skull wearing a helmet on the headlight. Trying not to over do the themes, so prefer to stick to skulls, spades, vintage look stuff. The Indian logo is last for me, its NOT an indian after all.

Comment

Little done on mine with the move. I've improved the chain skipping but haven't eliminated it. I'm going to order a different/proper chain tensioner. Besides fixing the problem I'm hoping it will make removing/installing the wheels quicker and easier. With the drum brakes and the IGH you have 2 cables plus a torque arm to detach if you want to remove the rear wheel. Getting that straight while keeping tension on the long chain has been tricky. I'm getting closer on an easier to release bit for the brake torque arm. The larger plates the include the pair of dropouts on the Porucho makes it interesting as they block quite a bit of access to the hub.

Comment

• Defjr333
            Defjr333 commented
            Editing a comment
            The brake and shift cables go on/ off very easily and quickly. The torque arm was what had me stumped as an easy way to mount yet still able to remove with no/ little tools for roadside issues. On the front I used 2 hose clamps that have Allen heads instead of flat screw heads. Painted to match and blends in very well. The back I made a plate that attaches to a mount of the frame and then to the rear torque arm. That is also painted to match and uses Allen head screws and nuts. The Allen head size is one that my bike multi tool has on it, so no extra tools! But if I see u come up with a better way I am soooo stealing it.

Almost forgot, I also have 2 sheets of the "Project 346" stickers and my GPS locator sticker

Comment

Just got email from LBS......the wheels are ready to be picked up!!! I should have time to grab them in the morning and have them mounted on bike by the evening. Chain and trim is it now!!!!!!

Comment

I like the Vintage Electric logo idea.

In the same vein, you could put Reddy Kilowatt on a bicycle, or use as-is. He is working for YOU now! Not for the 'tank' but secondary someplace. Might fit the motor case, nicely. Do in low-key colors or black shades, so not overdone, but there for the curious to smile at.

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.5 KB ID:	88340

Would make for a good riding shirt logo, too!

EDIT: Shirt found and ordered...
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reddy-Kilow...-/264235598538
              Last edited by JPLabs; 1 week ago.
              Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I like that JP. Focused on the main stuff first. Thought today would be quick, the front fender is a royal pain to get straight, not rubbing tire, not scratching tubes, proper height. Not fun. Wheels are on tho. Lol

Comment

Well that took forever! Started at 10am and got both wheels tires mounted and filled to proper psi, mounted onto bike, brakes and shifter cables all good, and mounted the front fender. Just now finished it's 7:48pm!!! Just the chain left now, but it's getting late, so maybe tomorrow.

Comment

So chain and trim left for another day

Comment

Looks like a sweet ride. That thing is sure to turn heads when you are keeping pace with traffic :)

​​​​​​​Nice job man.

Comment

Appreciate it Pax, now i just have to make up my mind on the trim. I keep going back and forth. Its down to a simple off white oval with dark brown numbers "333" in the middle(looks like a cafe racer that way), the "Vintage Electric" logo, or one of the WW2 nose art decals shown at top of this page. Really starting to dig the simple oval with a number....weird. Leave for Vacation a week from Sunday, so not a lot of time to decide, as this thing is going to tha beach!!

Comment

Decided to keep it fairly simple on trim. Ordered the off white(creme) color oval with 333 as the "race #" a roll of off white(creme) color pinstripe tape, and will put a few of the project 346 and skull decals that came with bike parts. Those should be in Friday. I ordered the chain and have it coming 2 day delivery. Figure even if trim not done, it will still run. Have a couple of spots I need to touch up paint as I scratched the front fork tubes getting the fender on. Other than that this has been a great experience, and still learning.

Comment

Could I get some measures and possibly a link on those handlebars?

Comment

http://store.ruff-cycles.com/ruff-cy...r-crmo-cp.html

They are $29.95 and come in chrome, or black chrome. Both offered with or without the cross bar. Hope the pics help with measurements, if u can't see them just let me know. Please note my bike is 6'10" long (82" front tire tip to tire tip", so these handle bars my not look right on a standard size frame.
                              Last edited by Defjr333; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X