Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruff Porucho / BBSHD build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Hows the tensioner hunt going? You dont want to follow the Ruffian way with it up front. They have it there because the POS Bosch motor has a teeny little from chain ring, similar in size to a 14-20 tooth rear cog! So on that motor they had LOTs of slippage. I am installing one at the rear as most people do, as my front chain ring is 48 tooth. My stand will be in tomorrow and I can finally start putting things together. Looking like I will hit my B-day/ vacation(june12) timeframe after all. I guess this thing gets to go explore Myrtle Beach:)

    Comment


      #32
      I had problems installing chain tensioner. It made my drivetrain sound like shit. Maybe just the cheapo unit I got off Amazon, but I took it off immediately. Half the fun is in the silent running, blowing by people without them even hearing you.

      Comment


        #33
        I hope the one I got keeps it quiet as well. Will have to see.

        Comment


          #34
          Long time no hear from. Figured I would throw. Question your way. Been getting a lot of progress on my build, and ran into another one of those...dumb @$$ moments....need to figure out a kickstand resolution. The one shipped is way too long. The bottom frame is only 2.5" from ground.....any ideas?

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Defjr333 View Post
            Long time no hear from. Figured I would throw. Question your way. Been getting a lot of progress on my build, and ran into another one of those...dumb @$$ moments....need to figure out a kickstand resolution. The one shipped is way too long. The bottom frame is only 2.5" from ground.....any ideas?
            Yeah, that's an issue. I'm in the middle of moving, so less work on the bike. I bought a kickstand that only sort of works. I had to cut it way down, and it almost works, the clamp slipping on the tube where it's clamped and the angle of the bike had to be just right to keep it from folding. This isn't what I really want for the kickstand, so I haven't tried too hard to fix it.
            My long term plan has always been to have a loop type that folds up behind the rear wheel, like this old Harley: https://www.yesterdays.nl/product/ha...0cc-2-cyl-ioe/ Rather than a tricky set of springs, it uses a clip at the base of the rear fender that holds it up when riding.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by idearat View Post
              ... a loop type that folds up behind the rear wheel
              That's what kind came to my mind, somewhat like this eBay one, mounted not on the rear axle, but to new bolts/holes below it:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l500.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	87115



              Last edited by ncrkd; 05-19-2019, 01:45 PM.
              2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
              3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
              4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

              Visit the forum knowledge base

              Comment


                #37
                I bought one similar to that from Amazon, but with the non-standard style of the Porucho it didn't really fit. I'm thinking I'll end up making one out of aluminum bar stock.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I looked at some of those "vintage" loop styles and didn't think they would work for this frame. I'm leaning(pun intended) towards the Luna peg leg detachable one but one on each side due to weight.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Btw there is a braze on on my alu porucho frame which the guy at ruff said was for a kickstand which will be available later this year

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Also... building is started...

                      Forks are out of stock till mid june so can't do much but it's a beginning...

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Due to a legal dispute with Ruff being investigated by the B.B.B. on my behalf, I will not deal with them for ANY reason. Nice parts, ugly people. But back to the kickstand talk.....mine has a spot for a direct bolt on kickstand as well, but finding one that will not hang down below the frame is not fun.....so I am going with 2 Peg leg removable ones from Luna. Will provide stability in both directions and when removed, keeps the clean lines and looks I want. The bottom of the frame is only 2 1/2" from ground!! Nice looking start there....little too bright for my tastes, but nice looking job

                        Comment


                          #42
                          So it is looking like the Rear Brake and Gear Select Cables are both going to be too short. I have not measured them yet to know what the current lengths are, but I figured i would ask here where you guys got yours from......or is my frame just that much longer than a Porucho? Heard back from LBS last night, and wheels should be done this coming week. Sadly it looks as if I am going to need a bunch of little stuff to finish this build, so probably not going to be done it time for the B-day. A lot of nice weather getting wasted with no bike :(

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Defjr333 View Post
                            So it is looking like the Rear Brake and Gear Select Cables are both going to be too short. I have not measured them yet to know what the current lengths are, but I figured i would ask here where you guys got yours from......or is my frame just that much longer than a Porucho? Heard back from LBS last night, and wheels should be done this coming week. Sadly it looks as if I am going to need a bunch of little stuff to finish this build, so probably not going to be done it time for the B-day. A lot of nice weather getting wasted with no bike :(
                            My Electra Fat is kind of long so I bought some shift cables for a tandem. I also bought a couple of 25 foot rolls of cable housing.
                            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
                            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

                            This has been long enough for my bike.
                            https://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Unive...sporting%2C142
                            Here this should be long enough
                            https://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Stain...g%2C143&sr=1-4

                            I like the Jag wire housings because the ferrules that come with the roll are much nicer than the Shimano ones.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X