Luna bbshd & Wolfpack stretch cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna bbshd & Wolfpack stretch cruiser

Thanks to all the great information you folks share I got my bike to the point where it’s rideable. I still have a few things to finish but today I got to take it out for the first time. That was a blast!

Cool! More pics, please :)

Comment

The frame is a Micargi mustang gts, and I used a S/A 3speed hub with a 90mm drum brake.

Comment

I took a closer look and I like your bike very much! Are those stop-lights? Very well done for sure. Cool bike.I also like your choice of parts - headlight, seat, pedals etc. And the tank-battery of course, perfect realization :) It all ties very neatly together. Have you tried your display mounted at the stem?
        What are your impressions from the drum brake?

Comment

That is a beautiful bike! Did you modify the rear/brake lights? I assume you can't buy them like that. Also, how exactly did you attach your wolf pack to the frame?
          Again, that is a beautiful bike. More pictures please, when you make any more changes.

Comment

Nice build. Is that your shifter on the frame by the battery?

Comment

Yes, you can see it on the first pic too.
              I wonder how did he get it mounted there!?!? It is mounted directly on the frame tubing. Did he cut the tubing, slid the shifter on and then reweld the frame???

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes they are stop lights , I don’t have any of the lights working yet I’m looking for universal voltage led bulbs with a double bayonet base that are small enough to fit in the housings. I have one in the headlight but I don’t have a plan yet for the wiring or switch. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

• Defjr333
                  Defjr333 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found using a 36-72vdc to 12vdc puck converter to be my easiest solution. Since I have 2 identical battery packs they are wired together in parallel. That single output is split to the motor and the puck converter. The puck converter I have will use any DC voltage from 35-72v and output 12vdc with a 20amp limit. It cost me $18 on flebay

I like the drum brake so far, It only has a few miles on it but it seems like it’s improving as it beds in. Yes the shifter is mounted on the frame and I did have to cut the tube to slide it on. It’s the same diameter as the handlebars. I wasn’t planning to cut it but that’s the only way I was going to get the wolf Pack in that area so I mounted it there. I was looking for a stick shifter but I had the grip shifter that came with the hub and I like the way it came out. I’m not finding that I need to shift much with the motor, so it’s in 2nd most of the time. I didn’t weld it back like I said I needed more room for the battery but I bolted some thin aluminum bars in their place and the battery is attached to them (at the moment with a couple of worm drive clamps until I figure out a more elegant solution)

Comment

The back lights are a post mount design presumably to go through a bracket or a fender. I found an aluminum electrical hobby box that was the right length and drilled the end plates. It hides the wires, there’s a bunch, tail and brake light wires for each side. I just zip tied them to the frame for now.

Comment

The handlebars are a freestyle design I choose it because it has the straight section in the center to mount the display. I was planning on going with the 750 horizontal display but I didn’t see it as an option when I placed my order with Luna. I’m happy with it though.

Comment

The other thing I was hoping to do is mount the motor inside the frame but I didn’t have enough clearance. The down tube is large at the bottom and it’s oval with a large weld on the BB shell. I didn’t feel good about messing around with it.

Comment

Nice looking cruiser there!!! I almost went with the Micargi Mustang before deciding on the Basman. I notice you have the same light as I as well, I painted the light bucket to match the frame. Lots of items on your bike that check boxes for me, well done! Also nice seeing so many Cruiser/ old school style bikes being done recently. TOO much attention on MTBs and Fixies, etc. Us cruisers gotta have ours too......

Comment

Working...
                        X