Limit G510 for Rohloff max torque of 130nm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit G510 for Rohloff max torque of 130nm

I recently put a Rohloff hub onto my bike. The Bafang Ultra has a max torque of 160 but the Rohloff has a max limit of 130. I have the software open and ready but I'm not sure which value I change to limit the torque so I don't destroy my Rohloff. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You ever have any issue with this I got mixed reviews, I hear it’ll handle 3000 watts and then hear the bafang ultra has to much power for it?

Comment

i dont beat on my bike or motor, but my wattwagon has rohloff and i am 90% the torque is not turned down and no problems with it
      not sure that helps much

Comment

There isn't an easy way to limit torque - you can limit current but that just limits power and if RPM is low you can still put out a lot of torque

I'd just keep the RPM's up and you should be ok - the rohloff's have a great reputation for durability... low RPM's with lot's of power is the enemy of electrical bicycle drivetrains

Comment

Goo to know, I bought the rohloff and watt wagons 2300 motor so hopefully she holds up

Comment

I think the Rohloff has a shear pin to prevent breaking the internals. You might ask about that. A spare shear pin may be all you need.
            Electric motors tend to make maximum torque at very low or even zero rpm. Rolling into the throttle can get you maximum power at high rpm but side step the maximum torque issue.
            Last edited by Retrorockit; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I think the Rohloff hub has nine nylon shear (or coupling) pins in total, arranged in three groups of three pins:
              Click image for larger versionName:	csm_handbuch03_111_5_171c322186.pngViews:	0Size:	351.8 KBID:	121020

Last edited by ncmired; 4 weeks ago.
              BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

• Retrorockit
                Retrorockit commented
                Editing a comment
                I knew I had seen the word shear pin and Rohloff used together. But I didn't know the specifics.

• ncmired
                ncmired commented
                Editing a comment
                I picked up on the shear pins after watching a few hub assembly videos a while ago. I'd like to remember where I saw a writeup on pushing SA 3-speed, Rohloff and Kindernay hubs to failure (in that order). It may have been written by the Watt Wagon guy, Pushkar Phatak - can't remember.
            Working...
            X