P05 Pas and pas grades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P05 Pas and pas grades

Hi I'm a total newbie and trying to understand the programming of LCD. My LCD is a EN06. But I can't even find a user guide
    I have figured how to go through programmes and alter thingS
    I don't have P00 as far as can find so can't reset.
    P01, back light brightness on display. P02 mph or kph, P03 volts, P04 sleep timer . I have sussed and understand these settings
    How ever P05 has me a little lost. Chances are it's PAS settings.
    What does PAS actually stand for ? (On a a car its power assisted steering). Cheers
    Last edited by Keithrg; 07-06-2021, 09:00 AM. Reason: Grammer

Pedal assist. 05 maybe means there are 5 levels? Perhaps that allows you to change to having 9 levels which gives you finer steps between levels? Or maybe you can program how much assist you get when you are on level 5?

Comment

Thanks Does this sound like the correct options for PAS It gives me a choice off 0= 3 or 5 or 9 or 1 =3 or 5 or 9

Comment

Yes that sound fairly typical that you can choose from 3, 5, or 9 steps. What doesn't sound as common but still seems reasonable is yours also gives you the choice of having 0 as an option with each of the step options. 0 would be no assist which may also effect if the throttle works if you have one. This option may have to do with how it powers up too. Some people may want it to power up in 0 so there is no boost and they want to manually select it. I suspect if you select the 1 modes it will power up in level 1.

Typically having 3 steps vs 9 doesn't change the min or max just how fine the steps are in between. If you are actually pedaling and wanting to get a little exercise and extend your battery range many of us like having the 9 steps. The 9 steps can also be handy if you ride with others because you can usually find a setting where you are putting the effort you want in but also matching the speed of the others you are riding with. If you ride alone and want max speed 3 steps may be fine and saves you from having to go through as many button pushes.

Comment

I don't actually have 0. It kinda like 2 levels. 0 and 1 But yes I'm understanding what your saying I believe.
          I've just tried it if I set to 1 (3/5/9) it completely disables 0 mode on control panel. For regular use.
          So I'm learning many thanks. I need it work on 0 mode for legal reasons here in UK feel like I'm getting somewhere now whoop.

Comment

Rather than new post I'll try here first.
            PO5 pretty sorted many thanks
            P06 hopefully wheel size :). Goes 5-50 ?? P07 is now my next ? It's most likely Magnet range my LCD let's me choose between 0 to 200.
            So what's this all about please

Comment

Working...
            X