Bafang Ultra Drive programming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bafang Ultra Drive programming

I located the updated software for editing settings in the Bafang Ultra Drive. The software did not show any com ports. Unlike the BBSHD version, I can manually enter the com port into the Ultra Drive software, the same com port as BBSHD version uses.

Also the cable for editing settings is woefully short. I use a 36" usb extension cable. I have a 72" usb extension cable but did not think to test it.

Details about editing ultra drive settings can be read in one of Karl's awesome blog posts shown below.
    There is half a dozen low power torque sensing mid drives on the market right now that advertise themselves as being between 250 and 750 Watts. The one thing that all these 'low power' drive units have in common is that there is absolutely no way to program the drive unit to do anything much…

I have reprogrammed my Ultra 750w a lot and haven't found any settings that I love.. Karl's is way off on the torque settings, best I found was
    https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93000
    gave that dog drive a little more umphhh

Comment

Hi do you know if these motors can be programed to 200w to be legal in australia

Comment

• JCHobbes
        JCHobbes commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not changed any settings on the new mid drives yet, but they be able to be "de-tuned" to 200 watts.

The state of Michigan in the U.S.A. wrote new regulations for e-bikes, rendering my 1500 watt bafang mid-drive bikes illegal to ride on the street. As long as I'm not riding like an idiot, no one will know they are illegal, and unless law enforcement is up to date with the regs, and REALLY bored, I doubt I would ever be bothered by the law.

moved all the min cur % to 3 and its way better...

Comment

Does anyone know if the Bafang Ultra can be programmed to perform like the BBSHD on hill climbs? I use my bike for hunting and want the motor to do the work like the BBSHD does. In short, I do not want to exert myself at all and sweat. The stock setting on the Ultra is terrible for my application. Not researching deep enough into how the Ultra performs was a big mistake. Anyway, I have the programming software and have done some experimenting but am not there yet. The factory is no help and Bafang did not respond. I’ve researched but have found relatively little on the Ultra. Karl’s Special Sauce was not special for my application nor was the youtube video that is out there so I assume these reprograms are more for sport/trail riding applications.

Anyone have any guidance or suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

The ultra is a dog... It's tourque sensing it is nothing like my bbs unit
          just adjust your min cur to 3% and it'll be better
          Karl's special sauce is a joke... I don't think he even tested a tourque drive

Comment

Originally posted by vtdownhiller View Post
            The ultra is a dog... It's tourque sensing it is nothing like my bbs unit
            just adjust your min cur to 3% and it'll be better
            Karl's special sauce is a joke... I don't think he even tested a tourque drive
            It sure seems like a dog which is hard to believe since it's an "upgrade". I moved my min cur to 3% but with snow on the ground it's hard to test on a hill climb. Still seems inconsistent on flat ground, motor kicks in sometimes but not other times. Throttle is weird too. Sometimes it's a sloth on the throttle and other times it excellerates. Hating this thing!

Comment

When I get my bike back out this spring I'll check my settings and we can compare.... Hopefully we can come up with something that works between us

Comment

Originally posted by vtdownhiller View Post
                When I get my bike back out this spring I'll check my settings and we can compare.... Hopefully we can come up with something that works between us
                Sounds good. Snow melted here so I was able to do some hill climbing on a short but steep hill. The results: the motor kicked in and propelled me up the hill only after I goosed my pedal cadence on flat ground before I started up the hill. In that case I could feel the motor kick in and accelerate before the incline and remained engaged up to the top. . On the other hand if I started up the hill without the motor accelerating on the flat the motor would not kick on during the climb no matter how hard and fast I pedalled. Back to the drawing board.

My brother had his BBSHD out there too. What a joy it was!

Comment

Working...
                X