No announcement yet.

Bafang Ultra Drive programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just went through programming my new Z1 and a test ride. Everything is working great and the smooth tune is an improvement. The throttle seems toned down though and I’d like to change some more settings but now once I connect to the motor and read flash for the first time, the read and write buttons grey out and I cannot write any new changes. I saw someone with the same problem on EBR forum just recently but no one responded there. I’ve tried a new download of the tool, different usb ports, and a different PC, the buttons still grey out after the first Read and I cannot write anything new.

Comment

• ProphetZarquon
      ProphetZarquon commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not experienced this issue, so I have no surefire fix to suggest...
      I take it you've tried rolling through each COM port, & changing the baudrate of the connection (default is 1200)?
      Can you upload a screenshot of what settings are shown, after you click Read?

Firstly, everyone please note that BaseVoltage mV should never be left at zero.
    Zero is a blank uncalibrated default value; correct ranges are always above 730mV.
    (On our m620, a setting of 752 mV eliminates any remaining sensor jitter, & 5kg of pedal force now roughly equals 5Kg detected.)

Secondly, bear in mind that any tuning for PAS 1, will always be detuned for PAS 5 & vice versa.
    So long as each of the twelve PAS modes (0-5 Eco, 0-5 Sport), have a different LimitCurrent% or LimitSpd% setting, any set of Pedal Assist & Torque settings, can only be optimized for one PAS mode at a time: The MaxCurrent%, MinCurrent%, KeepCurrent%, etc, all scale relative to the LimitCurrent% for whichever PAS mode you're in.
    As a result, only one PAS mode can ever be "optimally" tuned, by any given configuration.

The config we've been riding for most of this year, is configured primarily for optimum pedal feel in PAS 4 Eco, but seems reasonably well calibrated in PAS 2 Eco as well.​

Our Frey AM1000 v5, has 27.5" wheels with 2.8" wide Maxxis Rekon+ low pressure tires, with the motor driving a 40 tooth chainring, pulling a 1×11 cassette with 42 tooth first gear & 11 tooth last gear. At this 40-to-11 last gear ratio, top speed is limited to approximately 32 MPH by the very rapid pedal cadence. SpeedLimited is set to By Display's Command, & the display is set to a 48 MPH limit, in order to enable greater stability during steep downhills by maintaining steady pressure at the back wheel. In practice, with PAS 2 Eco limited under 188 Watts, top speed does not exceed 15 MPH on flat ground with motor power alone (well within Class 1 & 2 limits, except that the assist does not cut off at higher speeds as is technically required). In PAS 5 Sport, 28 MPH is never exceeded on flat ground unless I am the one riding & I'm pedaling like mad. (My 3×10 speed manual bike with 29er wheels, reaches the same top speeds, at lower cadence but much higher rider effort.

Since sharing this config, I've also adjusted the spans of each detected torque range (0-5Kg, 50-60Kg, etc), but I consider my most updated settings a work in progress.

Here is the config as we've used it most of the year:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frood - 2022-01-18 - Torque.png
Views:	100
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	158518
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Frood - 2022-01-18 - Throttle Handle.png
Views:	102
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	158519Click image for larger version

Name:	Frood - 2022-01-18 - Pedal Assist.png
Views:	98
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	158520Click image for larger version

Name:	Frood - 2022-01-18 - Basic.png
Views:	97
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	158521
    Again:
    Correct values for the BaseVoltage field, are between 730 & 760 mV.
    DO NOT bother tuning the other torque settings, before setting the BaseVoltage.

Comment

I have the Frey Am 1000 2021 model. The motor settings , when I received the bike were terrible. I have been using ebikeaholic’s settings with very good results. I ride single track 95 % of the time , and have no issues with the programming. I ride in Eco level 5. I used the Egg Rider to program the motor, and the motor responds well with the Egg Rider and the display that came with the bike. I use the Bafang display only because it is large and easy to read. I can not thank ebikeaholic enough for his setting. My bike would have been worthless as a emtb without his settings!

Comment

Working...
      X