Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swenbum
    replied
    So I just went through programming my new Z1 and a test ride. Everything is working great and the smooth tune is an improvement. The throttle seems toned down though and I’d like to change some more settings but now once I connect to the motor and read flash for the first time, the read and write buttons grey out and I cannot write any new changes. I saw someone with the same problem on EBR forum just recently but no one responded there. I’ve tried a new download of the tool, different usb ports, and a different PC, the buttons still grey out after the first Read and I cannot write anything new.

Leave a comment:

• ghd
    replied
    Originally posted by eBikeaholic View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks for this guide. I was also looking for a more commuter friendly setup. I got my Z-1/Ultra running like my old BBSHD now and it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• ProphetZarquon
    replied
    Well, we've received our Frey ebike, & I can confirm that
    the Base Voltage value should NOT be at zero!

Bafang ships these motor controllers with the torque sensing uncalibrated.

​​​​​The minimum value, at zero pedal force, which these torque sensors can output, is around 732 milliVolts.

Anything below 730 mV in the Base Voltage field, is wrong.
    Far from a matter of preference, this is literally crippling the torque sensor:
    Set at 0 mV, the first 20% of torque sensing range is thrown in the garbage;
    Under any pedal rotation at all, ~"12 Kg" of pedal force is detected!

Of course the torque sensing won't work well that way!

Get a reading from the "TqVoltate" field, with no force on the pedals.
    Add at least +1 or +2 to that value, & apply that total to the Base Voltage.
    Congratulations! You have just calibrated the Base Voltage of your torque sensor.

Setting the Base Voltage mV to 757 or higher, should prevent any baseline sensor jitter from being detected as pedal torque. (Unless your torque sensor is unusually erratic. If so, seek replacement as this is a safety issue!) ​​​​​
    Last edited by ProphetZarquon; 01-27-2022, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_V
    commented on 's reply
    Mind Reader do Tell the future
    Torque Sensor Def: You sweat while pedaling uphill like a donkey.

• ProphetZarquon
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't been able to find a single guide that calibrates the torque sensor; it's as if no one has even tried. Seems impossible to ever get accurate torque sensing if the ranges detected are all still set to arbitrary default spans that probably aren't very close to calibrated *at* *all*...?!?

Why does no one use the "TqVoltate" mV readings with a torque wrench or weights ¡or at least their leg force on the pedal! to calibrate the "Delta Voltage" mV ranges which assign the detected pedal force in Kg, if they hate its torque sensing so much?

All this time spent working on all the OTHER settings to make up for lousy torque sensing, & yet the one group of fields which are definitely there to help calibrate the torque sensor, have only been given cursory guesswork at what the real ranges should be? Are those not the calibration fields!? (Delta Voltage) The live torque sensor readout seems to be available *right* *there*!? ("TqVoltate")

I'm so confused by these guides, & the lack of real world sensor data reported back by users, so far.

Am *I* the one that's missing something, or is it kinda everyone else?
    Our new Frey AM1000 is in shipping right now... I guess I might find out?

• Lewis1
    commented on 's reply
    Feel like a right smeghead....the magnet was not lining up with sensor

• Lewis1
    replied
    I have just had my Frey Ex Befang ultra. I bought cable from Frey. Tried settings you all set in chat but all I get is about 12mph, I just need max of 19-20mph due to UK LAWS also tried throttle off but had to put back and limit speed to 24kph
    I really need help as this will be my main transport due to epilepsy from stress only

I have changed some settings after reading Biktrix site, but not tested yet
    I have tried many settings from varied sites and youtube but so far still stuck at 12mph and hard pedalling
    Last edited by Lewis1; 03-27-2021, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zxhwk
    commented on 's reply
    just make sure your pedal assist is all 100 % look at the charts in one other post i have here

• Steve--
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve-- View Post
    Does anyone by chance know whether or not I can program my ultra max so that the throttle will work from a stand still, without pedaling? The way it is now, I have to get the bike moving first before the throttle will work. Once I'm moving, the throttle will work, even without pedaling, but not from a stand still.

Thanks
    Steve
    Any chance you could tell me what setting to change to achieve this?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• zxhwk
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you can I did my friends M2s bike for him because he knew nothing about computers that much and did not want to take a chance on messing anything up

• Steve--
    replied
    Does anyone by chance know whether or not I can program my ultra max so that the throttle will work from a stand still, without pedaling? The way it is now, I have to get the bike moving first before the throttle will work. Once I'm moving, the throttle will work, even without pedaling, but not from a stand still.

Thanks
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• pebecke
    replied
    Hallo zusammen
    Ich habe eine Grundsätzliche Frage:
    Spd 0 bis Spd100: Was bedeutet dies genau? Spd0 = Geschwindigkeit 0 in % oder Trittfrequenz 0%

Da würde es ja Sinn machen, zum beispiel beim Bergfahren wo man mit "kleiner Trittfrequenz bzw. kleinem Tempo ca 50% fährt - die Start und Full Kg herunter zu setzen und nicht bei Spd100.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    How would you "power the motor on" if the display is unplugged?

You need it plugged in to a battery though but that's not the same as turned on...

• eBikeaholic
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried doing it with the motor powered off? ...I always do it powered off and have actually never tried it with the motor powered on.

• Rob Neely
    commented on 's reply
    My first step is to power the bike on. Then I disconnect the cable from the display. Next I connect my communication cable to my laptop and to the bike. Using the 'controllerst_torque.exe' program, I enter the com port, (in my case, "COM5") then hit the connect button. The "Bandrate" window constantly scrolls and never connects. I know my bike is still turned on as I can hit the throttle and it will lurch. What am I doing wrong? I can't connect to the controller.
Working...
X