M600 programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M600 programming

Is there a chance of getting a sticky for programming the Bafang m600 please!

Ok. This m600 stuff is nuts lol.
    Bafang at least I think it is Bafang has decided that end users need a throttle that only activates after you have pedaled up to 6mph?
    Plus the throttle is tied to the power/pas levels. At least on the FLX bikes in current form. Luna seems to have the ability to reprogram at least torque sensor settings. No one seems to know if this throttle stuff is imbedded in the can bus in the bms and therefore not changable??
    Can anyone shed some light how we can get a programming app for the m600 so we can at least try to fix the 6mph nonsense and possibly more!
    This reminds me of when Bafang adopted the no throttle over ride in pas. Simply ridiculous!

Comment

Seconded! Would love to have a proper ongoing thread on this. I have an X1 on the way, and really want to do everything possible to enable a sustained 30 mph speed on flats. I‘m optimistic that home access to the m600 tuning profile is locked out in software that will HOPEFULLY someday be opened up to consumers.

Comment

Would be nice, but not holding my breath. Probably worthy of a different thread, but I have been curious if the Grin Tech Phaserunner has any application as an alternate controller on the M600.

On the good news side - The X1 can likely run 30mph if you're willing to do some chain ring swaps / cassette gear tuning and pedal at a modest cadence, or keep the throttle pegged - no programming required. Some gear ratio/cadence/speed calcs are shown at: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...fs-ebike/page4

Comment

I'm also keeping a close eye on this thread since my M600 seems to have plenty of PAS settings, but a very limited range of useful ones for my style of riding. I've heard others mention a work around to delete the Luna Ludi mod in the controller, but I've yet to find any details on how to do this. The X1 owner mentioned that this was implemented as a shunt, which I would assume can be removed if desired. I'm happy to experiment with my bike on this.

Comment

I would like to see how to switch Ludi mod on/off on my X1. That 2000 watts is just not managed well by the controller. The throttle is more like an on/off wheelie switch. I don't think Luna tuned it at all, just threw power to the system and now it's kind of crapy as a mountain bike. Under load the torque comes on in surges. Not smooth like other motors in the market. I would like to see the how stock controller feels.

Comment

I don't believe there is any way to 'switch off' ludi mode. Though I thought the throttle was supposed to give 0-100% of what ever assist level you're in? So if you go to assist 1 or 2, the throttle would only boost up to 1 or 2 maximum.

I don't use the throttle, so can't be any help there. Though I can say boost 1 or 2 to give a much softer pedal response where 3, 4, 5 do tend to promote wheelies! There is also the option to switch to 9 levels of boost which is supposed to give even more granularity of the assist.

Unfortunately, the M600 controller is 'locked down' so no tweaking of the settings... sadly, as most of the ebike community is built on DIY and customization - at least to some extent.

If this doesn't help, you might try posting a new thread with the specific subject of throttle control.

Comment

• Lucatz79
                Lucatz79 commented
                Editing a comment
                Actually i believe with the right tools and access the m600 settings can be slightly tweaked and modified to your type of riding.
            Working...
            X