BBSHD Cargo bike Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Cargo bike Programming

I'm new to electric motors, and am looking to configure my BBSHD for cargo bike use.

I live in a hilly city, and the main use of the motor is to get up the hills when laden down with up to 100kg of cargo, as well as getting started on the flat with big loads. I'm happy to put in some effort and would rather have a pedal assist, than a full-on electric motorbike. I generally pedal with a fast cadence (90-100 rpm) on the flat as well as climbing (80-90 rpm).

Let me know your advice please!

oh, and I'm not using brake cut-offs or a gear sensor (with a rear derailleur).

At the moment i tend to stop pedalling then shift, which hasn't caused any issues yet, but a soft introduction of power, as well as a immediate cut-off when I stop pedalling would be best, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by j.dennis View Post
      oh, and I'm not using brake cut-offs or a gear sensor (with a rear derailleur).

At the moment i tend to stop pedalling then shift, which hasn't caused any issues yet, but a soft introduction of power, as well as a immediate cut-off when I stop pedalling would be best, I think.
      Get at least one of the brake handles so you can control PAS cutoff instantly. I don't use a gear sensor but use both brake lever cut-offs. I leave a little slack in my front brake (I still use cable brakes) so I can flutter it to cut off the assist during shifting without actually braking.

I don't know that programming for a cargo bike is that different other than to maybe bring on the assist sooner and harder.

Comment

Gear sensors are awesome, great bang-for-buck and not only do they do their job very well there's zero downside

Programming is another animal and what is "best" for on, not for someone else adn what works for one bike, not so good for another

I would get a cable or other way to program, read the threads on programming and begin experimenting

Having said that I prefer "unlimited" PAS setups that set the speed limits 100% across the board and a current profile that starts very low and ramps up geometrically vs. a linear progression - linear is what most factory tunes are and I never understood that at all

Comment

Working...
        X