X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZguy
    replied
    I set it up a bit differently. I set the display to three levels of PAS and set them so:

PAS 0 - I=100%, S= 0%
    PAS 1 - I= 50%, S= 72%
    PAS 2 - I= 71%, S= 72%
    PAS 3 - I=100%, S=100%

PAS designated assist level = 0
    Throttle designated assist level = By Display's Command

I ran this all day yesterday and will say it works like advertised. It does what you would expect if you removed the pedal cadence sensor and it completely ignores if you are pedaling or not. Power is independent of pedaling and 100% controlled by throttle. Throttle delivery is perfectly smooth pedaling or not.

Not much point in having more than three levels if you always throttle so I went with three.

It's odd to get used to power not starting just by pedaling and for it not to stop when you stop pedaling but not that hard. It's much more moto than bicycle in my opinion this way. I know some people will much prefer this over the PAS way and it's nice to know it can be set easily without opening the unit to disconnect the cadence sensor,

I figure I'll run with this for a week or so just to get used to it. I think I prefer the PAS way though. Again, nice to know this is so easy...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ricky.gif
Views:	32
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	63315

Leave a comment:

• dn9
    replied
    Originally posted by AZguy View Post
    Very, very interesting. I wasn't even going to bother trying this - I didn't see how this would work.

The PAS levels and PAS in general has no effect any more. It's all about the throttle but you can pedal and still have that lusciously smooth throttle while still pedaling. Changing the PAS level makes no difference and if you don't touch the throttle you get no power while pedaling. The throttle just ignores whether or not you are pedaling and gives the throttle-only response. I think this is pretty much the same as cutting the PAS cadence sensor wire.

Thank your for confiming, this is good news!

Leave a comment:

• barber
    replied
    I'm saving this one..

Barber

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    Very, very interesting. I wasn't even going to bother trying this - I didn't see how this would work.

The PAS levels and PAS in general has no effect any more. It's all about the throttle but you can pedal and still have that lusciously smooth throttle while still pedaling. Changing the PAS level makes no difference and if you don't touch the throttle you get no power while pedaling. The throttle just ignores whether or not you are pedaling and gives the throttle-only response. I think this is pretty much the same as cutting the PAS cadence sensor wire.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X