No announcement yet.

PAS, or not to PAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just FYI, I just was reading the manual on the Cycle Analyst V3 and it shows that the 3rd screen shows both human power in watts and also cadence. I am not clear yet if a person needs both the Torque sensing bottom bracket and PAS sensor to do this.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDom1 View Post
      Just FYI, I just was reading the manual on the Cycle Analyst V3 and it shows that the 3rd screen shows both human power in watts and also cadence. I am not clear yet if a person needs both the Torque sensing bottom bracket and PAS sensor to do this.

Jason
      I have a Cycle Analyst V3 on my bike. With no PAS or any other sensors in the vicinity of the crankset, I am unable to take advantage of this feature.

I am left to guess both my cadence and human power on this throttle only system.
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-30-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I just got the information below from the Grin Technology website. Maybe it depends on the version of the Thun Torque Sensor you buy and install. This one refers to the X-Cell RT. Since I just ordered one I really need to check and see if I ordered the correct one. I will have to check the other Thun Torque Sensor Descriptions to be sure.

Update: I just checked and I have the Thun X-Cell RT Torque Sensor on order which matches the description I listed below.

This is my first build and I am trying to make sure I get all the correct parts the first time for my upcoming build and do not make any ordering errors. I think you know how it is. Even though you have done a lot of research and studied the material, you still end up with mistakes.

By the way how old is your Cycle Analyst V3. I noticed in Grin news last year sometime they release an update 3.1 for it.

http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-b...thun-120k.html

Thun X-CELL RT Torque Sensor, 120K/116mm Spindle, with connector cable to V3 CA

The THUN sensor has an 8-pole cadence sensor and measures the actual torque across the spindle. It gives the most accurate human power statistics but it only senses the left pedal force, so there can be some delay in pedalec assistance if you start from a standstill pushing on the right crank.

Jason
        Last edited by ComicDom1; 09-30-2017, 09:21 PM. Reason: To update my order information.

Comment

Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post

I have a Cycle Analyst V3 on my bike. With no PAS or any other sensors in the vicinity of the crankset, I am unable to take advantage of this feature.

I am left to guess both my cadence and human power on this throttle only system.
          Thats the advantage of have a Cycle Analyst V3. You can always add a PAS sensor or torque sensor if your heart desires it.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDom1 View Post
            ...By the way how old is your Cycle Analyst V3. I noticed in Grin news last year sometime they release an update 3.1 for it...
            I bought four of these in 2015 and 2016. I am running what they came with: "Ver3 Pr1m6" (I have never done a firmware update).

I heard that a firmware update after my "Ver3 Pr1m6" gives you motor power without any delay (when you first turn it on, starting your ride). There is a list of bugs and improvements in the link below, but I neither experienced any of these problems nor desire any of the improvements.

Here is the link to the software for performing firmware updates: http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cy...-setup-utility. The firmware links immediately follow that section. It looks like the most current firmware update is the "stable V3.03 code", released December 2016.

In my case, it might be an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation. It does everything I need it to do with no problems in over 5000 miles.
            Last edited by commuter ebikes; 09-30-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post

I bought four of these in 2015 and 2016. I am running what they came with: "Ver3 Pr1m6" (I have never done a firmware update).

I heard that a firmware update after my "Ver3 Pr1m6" gives you motor power without any delay (when you first turn it on, starting your ride). There is a list of bugs and improvements in the link below, but I neither experienced any of these problems nor desire any of the improvements.

Here is the link to the software for performing firmware updates: http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cy...-setup-utility. The firmware links immediately follow that section. It looks like the most current firmware update is the "stable V3.03 code", released December 2016.

In my case, it might be an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation. It does everything I need it to do with no problems in over 5000 miles.
              I appreciate it. I need to wait until my Cycle Analyst arrives and I put everything together. Chances are I will have updated firmware in it since I just bought it this week.

Jason

Comment

• commuter ebikes
                commuter ebikes commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think you will have to worry about a firmware update. Hopefully, you can make the CA connectors work for ya. I had to change the 4-pin e-brake JST to a 2-pin. I won't use a 4-pin connector to connect 2 wires.
            Working...
            X