Giant NRS Comp (Carbon Fiber) FS 26" w/BBSHD and Luna Wolf V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant NRS Comp (Carbon Fiber) FS 26" w/BBSHD and Luna Wolf V2

Had an old 26er collecting dust in my garage, but I thought it'd make a good ebike because while the suspension isn't considered modern anymore, it's probably more than enough for going quickly on roads. Frame is 16'5" and because its a 26er with a small frame, there's enough adjustability to share the e-bike with my wife. BBSHD with Lekkie hardware, Eggrider V2 display, Wolf V2 pack.

Also went with the full sensor kit, gearsensor on rear seatstay, and the hydraulic brake sensors are terribly finicky- had to 3D print custom mounts to get the magnets to stay on the levers.

Just went on short rides so far but definitely looking forward to more riding. Next step is to get the Continental Country Plus tires on the bike so I don't shake my fillings out at speed.

Any tips on how to deal with the rat's nest of cabling? Thinking of hiding them under a downtube protector.

These guys make custom cables. With a gear sensor you don't really need the two brake sensor cables. I just ran a single sensor cable for the display and use PAS only, but they sell a dual version which allows for throttle sensor and display. You just measure your bike out and put it into the order. Also, black zip ties to the other cables allow to hide some of the rat's nest issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CC Rider View Post
      These guys make custom cables. With a gear sensor you don't really need the two brake sensor cables. I just ran a single sensor cable for the display and use PAS only, but they sell a dual version which allows for throttle sensor and display. You just measure your bike out and put it into the order. Also, black zip ties to the other cables allow to hide some of the rat's nest issues.

That's awesome, I'll do some measuring.

Comment

Got the harness and 3D printed a custom clip to hold them in place. Super clean now. Thanks for the tip CC Rider.

Comment

• CC Rider
          CC Rider commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking very clean. That clip is a nice addition. All the bike needs now is some dirt residue :-)
      Working...
      X