My Vitus Dee Vr 29" nexus 3 BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Vitus Dee Vr 29" nexus 3 BBSHD

This is an excellent bike to fit a BBSHD to, easy to do, only hiccough was I needed to file bottom bracket a wee bit to fit motor through. other than that straightforward. The Nexus 3 is an excellent pairing for the BBSHD with a 42t leckie ring alike. you get amazing hill climb ability in 1st. 2nd for most flying around town or trails and 3rd for some top speed on the open road if you want to hit 30mph plus. Could do with a thudbuster seat or suntour though as no suspension is a pain in the ass - literally.

Update, just bought an asi bac 855 controller with nxt display, with a 72v battery this things gonna go like a rocket. Yeehaa.

Comment

Very nice, but that saddle at speed - ouch as you said!

Did you have any clearance issues between the frame and the bellcrank?
      BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

Ncrkd. No no problem, BBSHD just went straight on with no spacers and cleared frame fine at just the right chainline. Such an easy bike to do this to.

Comment

I Didn't put the nexus hub on, the bike just came like that standard so didn't have to worry about clearance issues or anything. The bike was only £400 so by time I bought battery and BBSHD I only spent around £1300 in total

Comment

If the Dee had been in stock I'd have built it instead of my Gravity DeadEye 27Plus. That or a Marin Presidio 3, or the Giant MomentumUX. Pretty bike! Best of luck with the build!

Comment

Thanks DCErik, is your gravity deadeye 27 on here that i can see?

Comment

Still in progress, but I'll post up something here once I've got something to show. If you're into all the preamble, I've been posting it here: https://electricbikereview.com/forum...me-down.34489/

Haven't even ordered the BBSHD or battery yet, but my heavy-duty chain should arrive any minute now, and I've got a set of Kenda Havoc Pro 27.5x3 50km/h rated tires inbound that I found for $49 each at bikebuys. Ordered a Sturmey Archer RS-RK3 hub from universalcycles before realizing that they have a very comprehensive and affordable wheel building service, so arranged to reject the delivery and have it returned to them for inclusion in a wheelset. It'll take a while, but I can acoustic around on the mediocre stock wheels until then!

Comment

Working...
                X