Mongoose IBOC Comp BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mongoose IBOC Comp BBSHD

Bought this bike in the mid 90"s IIRC. Good donor for the transplant. 52 lbs on the bathroom scale. Click image for larger version  Name:	Luna.jpg Views:	19 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	132011
    Last edited by Mongoose; 07-15-2021, 08:03 AM.

That looks like a decent street cruiser. 52 aint bad in ready to ride condtion, mine is more like 75. Have you ridden it yet? Or is this the pre ride photo? We want to hear how it rides!

Be sure to fill in details that could help someone else thinking about the same build like BBS02 or HD. If its an HD which width. Did you have to use any spacers? Which chain ring? Any issues accessing all your gears? People may also be interesting hearing about things like your stem riser thing.

Comment

It's the standard 68. I've put 183 miles on it. They were out of spacer kits so that complicated the installation. I watched a frame builder back in the day modify the chainstay on a Raleigh Professional to fit a triple chaining. A violent process! There's room for a fat tire in there so I had to change things some and make a spacer using an electrical conduit box ring nut?? I filed the threads out and flattened it. The OD serrations help prevent slipping. Used beer cans for shimming the BB as tight as possible. Things are pretty rock solid. Brakes work good for the speeds I'm going. I messed with them quite a bit to get the most stopping power possible. The bar situation has gone up a couple times from the stock bent over riding posture. I'm not a kid anymore. Bike handles great. Tires are 90lb that I run around 60 for a better ride. I hate the tangle of spaghetti look so tried to keep the wiring inconspicuous. I put black electrical tape over the logo on the battery to keep it on the DL? Stock 46 up front with perfect shifting in all 7 gears
      Last edited by Mongoose; 07-17-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I got the Luna zip tie triangle bag and punched holes in the bottom then mounted the magnet inside the bag. With the Wolf in there you still have room for a small tool kit and spare tube. I left the Luna on the bag because no one around my area has any idea who Luna is and the triangle bag doesn't look like a battery. I also have a rear rack and often a trunk bag on it so its just another bag and looks like some sort of commuter or bikepacking bike.

I have used electrical nuts for headset spacers and thought of it as an option for the BB but so far have not had to try it.

Comment

Working...
        X