BBSHD Ludicrous on a 1990s Marin full suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD Ludicrous on a 1990s Marin full suspension

this bike has been faultlessly climbing stuff for 18 months. These Marin frames convert well it seems. The battery is fastened under the bar with a homemade adapter thingy which gives it great weight distribution

Comment

wow that is a unique frame design. How much clearance do you get with the front tire if the fork compresses? Looks like its got to get pretty close but with those tires it doesn't seem like you are doing a lot of offroad trails but even streets can have things like curbs that compress the suspension.

Comment

• nickchef
        nickchef commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, frame designed by Jon Whyte apparently and licensed to Marin. I can't get the fork to compress far enough to hit the battery, the angle of travel on the fork and the curve on the wheel mean that there's a good 3cm+ clearance at the tightest compression possible. Ive been mostly using the bike in urban environments and offroad on proper made footpaths and bridleways so no serious mud plugging or off-road racing, but I live in an area of very steep hills so climbing hills up to 18% is essential - I found the knobbly MB tyres unbearable on road at a decent speed.
    Working...
    X