EWR ORB 29er brought back to life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EWR ORB 29er brought back to life

I built this up from scratch selecting and installing every part and even building the wheels but haven't ridden it in about 5 years. After riding a friends ebike and coveting a super 73 I decided to convert my bike cause it's already rad. I bought a BBSHD from Lunacycles and I completely tore it down and cleaned everthing, trued the wheels and tried to re-use every beloved part that I had (except the handlebars and stem which got an upgrade. I took a few pics and actually asked a bunch of questions in the introduction thread but all said and done this bike is a big pile of wins. I love it. I might put a bigger front sprocket on it if I ride it on the street more often (top speed is around 30 due to it being a singlespeed) but for the trail the bike is awesome. I use the power assist levels as gears and I can't like the throttle is fun as hell on the fire roads. Here are some pics of the build and the first trail ride. I had just under half of the battery life left with mixed climbing and heavy throttle to and from the trails. I'm not sure how much farther I could have gone. I plan on using it to commute this summer. take it to the train, ride the train 40 miles then from the train to work. Should save a ton on gas even with super high train fare.

Eastern Woods Research OWB 29er hardtail.
    Thompson seatpost and stem
    Manitou minute front forks.
    White Industries hubs, cranks and freewheel
    Maxxis 2.3 on rear and 2.4 on front.
    Custom Handlebars that I'm not that happy with so I won't mention builder.
    Lunacycles BBSHD motor and controller with Mighty Mini 30 tooth chainring.
    brooks saddle.
    OURY glow in the dark grips.

components and setup will change a little I'm sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	start.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	150471 Click image for larger version

Name:	ebike.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	928.8 KB
ID:	150472 Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	150473 Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	150474 Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	150475
    Attached Files

I see you like the correct shade of green. Nice build!

How does that battery position feel weight-wise?

Comment

• BrandonNorCal
      BrandonNorCal commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't like the battery position but i cant really feel it causing a problem weight wize. I'm 200 lbs and for sure the biggest weight problem the bike has. Even though the weight of the bike has probably doubled with the kit, it doesn't feel like a heavy bike. On assist level 1 it feels like it's carrying it's own weight no problem.
Working...
X