No announcement yet.

2022 Velo Orange Neutrino (large), with a Nine Continent RH212 rear hub motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Velo Orange Neutrino (large), with a Nine Continent RH212 rear hub motor

For 2024, I've started on a beach bike build of a sort (flattish terrain anyway), blowing off the cobwebs off an analog Neutrino bike I've had for a while. I've wanted to tinker with a rear hub motor-powered build for a while now, so here's the first (last?) one. The tentative build list is as follows:
    • Velo Orange Neutrino frameset, size large
    • Grin Technologies Nine Continent RH212 rear hub motor CA3 kit, with the recommended fast-wind version (for 20" wheels), and Statorade
    • fender eyelet torque arms, tentatively modified/adapted to work with the frame's rear sliding dropouts
    • V6 Baserunner controller, tied to a V3 Cycle Analyst display and related controls,
    • 68mm ERider-T17N torque-sensing BB, with a 5-bolt 130BCD spider
    • front Sun RinglĂ© Ryno Lite, rear Weinmann DM30 rims
    • Shimano Zee short cage 10-speed derailleur with a SHIMANO Deore XT M8000 11-speed thumb shifter, or I may go microSHIFT 9-speed
    • front/rear gearing TBD, but starting with a 50T front chainring
    • 180/160mm front/rear brake rotors, TRP Spyre cable brake calipers, with Jagwire Compressionless brake housing
    • modified (ground down to clear crank arm) kickstand, center lever drop post
    • 52-volt 17-25AH downtube mounted tray-style batteries
    "Do it right the first time" is my hope, using a known motor from a reputable vendor. The kit delivery is probably a month out or so, but that's ok. I purchased Grin's wheel-building services, thinking that experienced hands would do better than mine, with such short spokes in a somewhat odd arrangement.
    Last edited by ncmired; 1 week ago.
Working...
X