Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Cruz Nomad!

Comment

Nice bike Bob. How the ballance with the weight over the back wheel.

Comment

hot DAMN that is sexy. Any concerns about snapping the rack? I snapped a similar one from Arkel, and I was only at half it's rated weight limit.

Comment

• CraigAustin
          CraigAustin commented
          Editing a comment
          Was that the Radonneur? I was looking at it - figured for $100 it must be the best, but obviously not if it can't handle 10 lbs.

• WebEsquire
          WebEsquire commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it was. I thought the same thing too. Wrong!

The balance is fine, The rear rack is good to 20lbs, I have a 9 pound 52V 20A/H battery on one bike and a 12 Lbs 52V 20 A/H on my Rocky Mountain bike. I just need to find more time to ride. I am obsessed with building the perfect Ebike.

Comment

• CraigAustin
          CraigAustin commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice bike indeed. Do you mind sharing the maker of the rear rack & bag?

I got the rack from xpectmoreforless on Ebay for $14.99. The bag I use to hide my battery I found at work.Just a plane canvas bag big enough to cover the battery.

Comment

• CraigAustin
          CraigAustin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Bob!

I think you can fit a mini cube battery right above the drive system under the shock..... then you got one of the best bbshd builds i have ever seen :)

Comment

I did that with my Mongoose while I was testing it out, nice little back up power.

Comment

Hey Bob, nice build! I have a nomad of my own that I intend to build, just curious if you went with the 68mm-73mm BB, or the 73mm-100mm.
            I know it's 73mm, just curious how it fit. Thanks!

Comment

It is a 68 to 73 mm motor I used. I am starting another Nomad with a few less high end parts. The Nomad is the perfect bike for this. I recommend a 10 speed 11-36 rear cassette and an absolute black 38 tooth chain ring. With this setup it will work well on and off road.I also recommend that you replace all of the pivot bearings. The push industries link with a coil shock is a smooth as silk ride. If you want to go all out get the Push 11/6 rear shock, it is awesome, but $1200!
              Last edited by BobTrost; 10-28-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Hey Bob how is that rack holding up, I am struggling to find one that will hold up. I think one that floats with the rear swing arm would be great, ??

Comment

I would try the mighty mini under the shock as previously mentioned or on the back of the seat post, if the tire clears. I use the mighty mini on my Intense Uzzi. On pas1, 12 miles of road and off road I don't even use half the charge.

Comment

• Dave mc
                    Dave mc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HI Harold you have a picture of that set up

Here's a shot. I made an aluminum tray that attaches to the water bottle mount that the battery sits in. I have a piece of a black leotard that I stretch over the whole thing to cover everything up.

Comment

is that a carbon frame?

Comment

• calfee20
                      calfee20 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I can see welds all over that frame.

It's aluminum. Weight was 22 lbs. before the bbshd install.

Comment

• Dave mc
                      Dave mc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that insane weight, carbon fiber bikes weight more then that
                  Working...
                  X