Another Gravity Bullseye Monster build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Gravity Bullseye Monster build.

I started with a Gravity Bullseye Monster 16" Comp frame and Renegade RST suspension shock package on Amazon for $265.00 + shipping. The included headset was crap and was replaced with a FSA kit. Some of the parts are left over from other builds. This frame has the 170mm rear spacing vs the GDM's 135mm rear spacing. I ended up flipping the stem and riser bars to get a lower riding position. Since the chain line wasn't going to be all that great for the biggest gear I used a 11-34T 9 speed cassette with the 42T Bling ring, 9 speed Sram twist shift and Sram X9 rear deraileur. Brakes are Shimano M675 hydraulics. This was the easiest brake set up to mount the brake sensors on. I mounted the aluminum battery box under the down tube so I could retain the water bottle mount. It will get painted black when the weather get warmer. I use m5 x 60mm through bolts that screw into the stock water bottle mount holes on top of the down tube with nuts that also secure the bottle cage. A 65mm x 26" rear wheel I had, and a 80mm x 26" 15mm 150mm front wheel, Surly Nates front & rear tires. While the frame would take a wider rear tire, it would rub the chain on the big gear. The motor is the BBSHD,73-100 bottom bracket. Not shown, the front fender is the Mud Shovel, and the rear fender is 4.5" x 29" from a mini bike with a quick release setup.

How do you like that fork?

Comment

I like it, I have it set up pretty plush. I have one on my f/s fat bike also.

Comment

Nice build! Have you ridden it much? What kind of range is that mini giving you?

Comment

This is my wife's ride for the snow & mud rides,like we had last week. So,maybe 50 miles combined road & trail. We have the pass settings set pretty low, p1 8%, p2 15%, p3 22%. She typically rides in p1-p2. Based on that around 36+ miles per charge. I also swapped out the 42t chainring to a 32t. Her previous bike was the rigid version of this one with about 250 miles on it get the same range.

Comment

Wow, that's a long way. I didn't think a mini battery would go that far! Excellent.

Comment

Working...
            X