Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy@technicalman.com
    replied
    I'm looking to do this to my Montague Navigator. It looks like everything is the same where it needs to be. Thanks everyone for posting.

Leave a comment:

• STS
    commented on 's reply
    My build looks just like his without the bags and mirror. I used a Luna Cycle BBSHD kit, 42 tooth chain ring, 52volts 13.5 amps
    Last edited by STS; 07-18-2020, 12:02 PM.

• STS
    commented on 's reply
    Riding this build, last week I made it to the top of Pikes Peak.

• cvin
    replied
    curious what these bikes are coming out weight wise, with and without battery

STS please post some pics of your build

Leave a comment:

• STS
    replied
    Just did the same build with a Luna BBSHD kit, Jones riser bars. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Unless you have a good reason to do otherwise, you probably want the 68-73mm BBSHD version for this frame.

• mebgardner
    replied
    This is the only thread I could find as a result of search "Montague" from home page, that offers specific details about the installation of a BBSHD motor onto the BB of a Montague Paratrooper.

I saw in other threads that some installers of the BBSHD were having trouble inserting the drive shaft of the motor cleanly through the BB of their chosen cycle. Because of that detail, they would take a dremel tool and sander barrel, and have to enlarge the BB holes. So, I became curious about whether or not that would occur on a Montague Paratrooper cycle build. That specific detail seems to be put to rest here, it appears to be a slide in fit. Great!

Some details that I would like to request from the "best and brightest" (that's you guys :) are:
    Did you purchase the 68-73 mm shaft motor?
    What amount of mm of spacers (if any) did you have to install to assure clearances on these Montague Paratrooper builds?
    Did you have enough thread space remaining on the drive shaft to use the locking ring, or did you have to use the Loctite solution?

I will perform the measurements before placing an order to confirm these details, but I would be thankful for the "leg up" in understanding.

I have the luxury of being able to select my full size folding cycle for build-out. The Paratrooper / Pro / Elite / Highline / Allston is on my short list (and the Changebike 609 , 611, and 612 models are, too).

Thanks.
    Last edited by mebgardner; 12-30-2018, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TOLM
    replied
    Nice build

Leave a comment:

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    I've been looking at the travoy trailer for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. Looks good on a Montague! I'm a little bummed because I just recently found out I won't be riding the bike for a year or more as I'm taking a job in another country and cost to ship is too high to justify. I might just take the straps with me though LOL

• CPG
    replied
    I LOVE the Voile (and their competitors, TITAN for one) straps also. One great thing: you can easily use them with gloves on, like the other day when I was camped out in what turned out to be 19 degree temps (at 8 K'), and when you can't see them. By that I mean working blind, they are still easy to latch, even working blind and in 19 degree temps! I like them so much I kept stealing for other uses the ones I first bought for bike use, so I bought more.

My third Montague, over the last 20 years, bought for carrying in my small plane, they have long been a game changer for me. This pic is from last week on a flight to Montana, showing the bike hooked to my Travoy folding trailer (my plane is SMALL) with 11 gallons of mogas on it. The bike's folding mechanism continues to work flawlessly. Of course the Mont's quick folding means it easily fits in my car, or anyone's car for that matter. With a tweaked BBSHD and the Rohloff hub, it's also fast (38 mph) or a stump puller, both.

Leave a comment:

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    So far so good on the Voile straps. I had bought a bunch of 20" ones when I had thought I would be hanging the battery in a bag from the top tube, but they turned out to be just a tad short for strapping the battery/cradle to the rack. I ended up getting 25" for that application. They ship pretty quick too.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Glad I could help. How you liking those Voile straps, I heard good things.

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    It's certainly fun to ride and definitely versatile. Thanks to you for reminding me I had a rack on this bike to put the battery on. I think for a medium frame, the rack is definitely the best place for my existing carbon shark.

• paxtana
    replied
    Always nice to see a paratrooper build, montague bikes sure are something special.

Leave a comment:

• theronchaplin
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I'm having a hard time doing the pictures right. I choose them, upload them to server, resize and it shows on my end. Then the post gets flagged for spam and when it gets accepted, I lose a bunch of pics. I must be doing it wrong.
Working...
X