Dual front disc brakes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual front disc brakes?

so my custom build electric bike is great but I find the single front hydraulic disc brakes are lacking a bit...I’m running a rear nexus 3 speed hub which no longer has the coaster brake since the conversion..with my bike putting on a rear disc hub brake would be challenging so.I thought a dual disc front brake would be great but can’t find anything online...do any of you guys know where I could get a dual front disc hub...or if anyone makes them?...my other option is replacing my rear hub with a sturmey archer 5 speed with drum brake..thx
    front brakes

Something like this maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20180717_18_37_44_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	75797

I got it from...… http://vectorebike.com/

Comment

That's a serious setup! Seems to me you'd get some serious nose dive with a front brake only suspension shock setup.
      Short of a dual brake setup you might look at the 4 piston caliper. I up graded to the Shimano m8020 4 piston calipers on my fat e-bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold View Post
        That's a serious setup! Seems to me you'd get some serious nose dive with a front brake only suspension shock setup.
        Short of a dual brake setup you might look at the 4 piston caliper. I up graded to the Shimano m8020 4 piston calipers on my fat e-bike.
        That is going to go on a Vector Typhoon. The bike will weigh around 115# and I am 240# so we will see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	75803

This is a stock photo mine is black and still in the box. I have all of the parts but I have other projects going on.

Comment

Personally I'd just go with a larger front disc with a four pot hydraulic caliper like Harold mentioned - I'm running SRAM Guide RS and they are fantastic.

OTOH I'd dig that front fork if they make it in 150mm thru for my next build.

One of the big advantages to a dual disc on motos is that with single discs forks that aren't torsionally rigid enough will twist under heavy braking. Then again there will be other issues if they don't have that torsional rigidity.

Comment

Thx guys...yeah...I’ve canned the dual brake idea...the other 2 options are better....thx again for the input...

Comment

You really need to get a rear brake working on your bike. Front only is dangerous.

Comment

Many 3 sp IGH hubs are available for disk.

Comment

Working...
                X