2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02 or BBSHD, Shimano Alfine 8 IGH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02 or BBSHD, Shimano Alfine 8 IGH

Next up is a Crust Evasion step through frame. Most of the ebike parts for this build will be coming off of a prior Priority 8 build (documented here).

This will be my third build, with the following goals, desires, or components:
    • The new Shimano e-bike hardened 8-speed Alfine IGH SG-S7001-8
    • Fattish tire clearance with a narrowish Q. 2-2.4" wide, 26 inch tires, such as the Schwabe Big Ben Plus on Velocity Dually rims to reduce standover height
    • TRP Spyre cable brake calipers
    • BBS02 or BBSHD - haven't decided yet
    • short reach bars / stems
    • Adjustable, replaceable rear dropouts with an inboard (within the frame triangle) disk caliper mount
    • Capacity for a temporary chain tensioner
    • Steel frame tubes
    The frame has a relatively high seat tube and big main triangle for a battery, and triple bottle mounts on the down tube:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LRG_DSC08139.JPG Views:	1 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	75968

More to come ...
    Last edited by ncrkd; 6 days ago.
    Intro: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ntro#post17033
    First build, Priority Eight / BBSHD / Nexus IGH
    Second build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    Third build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02 or BBSHD, Shimano Alfine 8 IGH

Warning - Detour Ahead

I very much enjoy dealing with the smaller bike companies that have spunk - like Surly and Crust. Oh, and of course Luna.

Here's a Crust video I found cute, but perhaps hits too close to home for some of us:

Last edited by ncrkd; 5 days ago.
    Intro: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...ntro#post17033
    First build, Priority Eight / BBSHD / Nexus IGH
    Second build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    Third build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02 or BBSHD, Shimano Alfine 8 IGH

Comment

• Rider
      Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      Too funny! My brother has a Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide that is sparkle black like that bike with blue ghost flames floating in the clear coat. That's a beautiful bike and I like the mermaid too.

• ncrkd
      ncrkd commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the frame today. It's supposed to be a dark purple.

I've a degree of red-green color blindness - it's not black, but beyond that, I can't tell what color it is. Maybe the color will reveal out in a bright sun.
Working...
X