2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH

Crust Evasion step-through frame. initial Specs: 68mm motor, 73mm bottom bracket, with:
    • Fattish tire clearance with a narrowish Q., max 3" wide tire clearance (in 26")
    • TRP Spyre cable brake calipers
    • BBS02 mid drive
    • Short-reach bars/stems
    • Adjustable, replaceable rear dropouts with an inboard (within the frame triangle) disk caliper mount
    • 1/8 inch chain
    • Steel frame tubes
    These frames have a relatively high top tube and big main triangle for a battery, and triple bottle mounts on the down tube. The first iteration had a Shimano Nexus 3-speed IGH (Halo SAS rims and Schwabe Big Apple tires). After a few years, it got an upgrade from 3 to 8 speeds, via a new 26-inch wheelset (Schwalbe Fat Frank tires, Alfine 8, Sapim spokes, and Velocity Blunt rims) and a Lekkie 40 tooth chainring, to fix up the chain line. The former Shimano 3-speed operated just fine, but more gear range was desired. The colors were updated, taking cues from the Harley Davidson prototype e-bike and the Bluejay Premiere. I prefer silver components, when available.

The bike has a new owner, and I hope it's earning its keep.​
    Last edited by ncmired; 02-19-2024, 06:54 AM.

Ncrkd,
    congrats on getting this build going! Super interested as I am looking to build BBSHD/Alfine-8/Gates on a Specialized AWOL. Staying tuned...

Comment

Very nice! How’s your top speed with reasonable cadence?
      MOVING BACK TO PEDAL...
      2020 Banshee Paradox V3 1x11 (pedal)
      2018 Soma Wolverine 3spd IGH Belt Drive (pedal)

Comment

Thank you, that's a great summary and nice work because I can follow your design style in your eBike builds.

I do depend upon lots of torque for short steep hills 50# eBike & 200# rider with strong winds and my current build is working fine.
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...wolfpack-bbs02
        I am going to install the 42T chainring, as you have used, to improve chain line.
        My new transmission, pictures from the advertisment. MV
        Next: Click image for larger version  Name:	Torpedo7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	300.5 KB ID:	152708 Click image for larger version  Name:	DrumBrake.jpg Views:	1 Size:	281.9 KB ID:	152709
        Last edited by Mike_V; 06-16-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Mike_V
          Mike_V commented
          Editing a comment
          My Lucky Super Seven Sachs "Top Technik im Zweirad"
      Working...
      X