Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Cruz Heckler with BBSHD.

My first build.

Nice build, the HD is a great motor, powerful and quiet.
    But how do you get that battery out, is it one of those sideways fittings?

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
      Nice build, the HD is a great motor, powerful and quiet.
      But how do you get that battery out, is it one of those sideways fittings?
      Yes very tight fit for the battery, I had to fabricate a different mounting plate. The battery comes out sideways and is held in place with zipties, shouldn’t have to take the battery out that often. I should have gotten a smaller battery pack.

Comment

Remounted the battery as the swingarm was hitting the battery on full compression.

Comment

What size frame is that? I'm considering a heckler...

Thanks!

Comment

It’s a medium, Heckler is a good choice as the motor tucks up nicely and the chainline is very good.

Comment

Looks good !
              I’m also considering a Heckler build.
              Can you share the length and height dimensions of your battery ?
              Or, if you’re familiar with Luna’s Wolf battery, how your battery compares with that.
              I have a Wolf battery, and it’s mounting system helps it fit into tight spaces.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEinNC View Post
                Looks good !
                I’m also considering a Heckler build.
                Can you share the length and height dimensions of your battery ?
                Or, if you’re familiar with Luna’s Wolf battery, how your battery compares with that.
                I have a Wolf battery, and it’s mounting system helps it fit into tight spaces.
                Thanks
                Battery is 14” long x 3 5/8” wide x 3 3/4” height. 14AH 52VDC. I would get something smaller next time because the front fork had to be travel restricted so it wouldn’t hit the battery. Not familiar with Wolf batteries. What year is the Heckler you are considering?

Comment

Working...
                X