No announcement yet.

A List of Full Suspension bikes that a Shark Pack will fit on the downtube ( PICTORIAL)

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Trek Fuel EX9

Build thread here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3521.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	35521

Hello I have never built a conversion before. I want to convert a 2010 Trek ex9 and would like to chat with with skymon about some technical issue I don't understand. Tim

• Rodney64
        Rodney64 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tim, Perhaps send him a private message.

• skymon
        skymon commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Tim. Saw your post. Ask away!
        (I looked it up and there are some differences between the 2007 and the 2010 but I'll help where I can.

2003 Trek Fuel 90, plenty of room inside the triangle for a good sized pack, in this case a 52v 13.5ah one. It had a 73mm BB but the 68mm BBSHD kit fit nicely with one thin spacer and 42T Bling Ring, just cleared the chainstay right where I wanted it, the chainline is good on the 4th cog of the 9 speed. Frame is a 17" size and as you can see the frame has more than enough room for a Hailong (Shark) pack. Bike is a blast to ride both on the street and off road road too.
      Last edited by Zippy; 07-16-2017, 08:17 AM.

2007 trek fuel ex9

05 Giant Trance 3 large with the big shark Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000706.JPG Views:	1 Size:	431.0 KB ID:	46974

Last edited by max_volt; 10-03-2017, 09:03 AM.

• Zippy
            Zippy commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks nice, good FS frames with a fairly large triangle are great to use, you can find them for a decent price and they are modern enough to ride really well, I love mine.

• max_volt
            max_volt commented
            Editing a comment
            Quite right and TY

I've bought a Canyon Torque FRX Rockzone that i would like to convert. The bottom bracket is 65mm. Do anyone know if i can use spacers to make a BBSHD 68mm fit?

Does this count?? :)

2011 Specialized Epic Fsr Comp frame M

Build Thread Here

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9554.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	47571
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ximox; 10-07-2017, 04:54 PM.

2009 Giant Anthem 3, Medium BBSHD, 52 Volt 13.5ah Shark Pack, 68mm BB so an exerlent bike it convert.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180110_122103-min.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	55692

• Zippy
              Zippy commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks like a great ride, I broke out my BBSHD equipped full suspension bike for a few days, suspension feels good after riding my hard tail bikes a lot, like riding on a cloud. You'll enjoy that one and it looks like you could get an even bigger battery in there if you wanted to someday.