Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A List of Full Suspension bikes that a Shark Pack will fit on the downtube ( PICTORIAL)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stefan.biggi
    replied
    What do you think about he Jamis Dakar A2? Will the battery fit?
    https://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/dakar-a2.html

Leave a comment:

• marcva
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodney64 View Post
    2009 Giant Anthem 3, Medium BBSHD, 52 Volt 13.5ah Shark Pack, 68mm BB so an exerlent bike it convert.
    How much do do you have when you take off the battery. Wondering if a small anthem will fit that battery. I suspect not since it needs to slide up to come off the bike.

Great ride. I hope to upgrade to an anthem this spring from my Cannondale.

Leave a comment:

• Alien_Jim
    replied
    Mongoose XR Pro, BBSHD with Shark battery, Luna Eclipse chain ring, Shimano hydraulic brakes with floating rotors, and air rear shock

Leave a comment:

• johnadams00
    replied
    This is a 2016 Rocky Mountain Sherpa, Size L. By measurements, it was a close fit so I would recommend at least a L or above size. I have just moved the battery from the top bar to the triangle and will update with a photo once I get one.
    Last edited by johnadams00; 01-29-2019, 08:04 PM. Reason: Adding original top bar build picture.

Leave a comment:

• Geoseilo
    replied
    My giant nrs 2004 with a normal shark pack.
    Medium size

Leave a comment:

• Ponyo
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Philly, awesome conversion, i have been searching for a FS Fatbike to convert long time and the Bucksaw looks ideal.

I am 184cm tall, i got a Giant Trance 2008 size L with a BBS02 and 16.7 ah sharkpack.

I am afraid the XL would be too big for me, do you have any idea if i will be able to mount a sharkpack on the 2015/2016/2017 L frame?

I have not been able to sample / test drive an L, only an M available where i live so i am looking on the internet for more offers.

Any thoughts on the carbon version, is it conversion / bbshd friendly?

Did you try the bike with 29'' or 27,5'' + wheels?

Thanks!

• pcliteuser
    commented on 's reply
    what's that zip tie under the battery supports?

• DavidR
    replied
    Hi all, I'm new here. I'm hoping for some help from Rodney64, since he has almost the same bike I'm thinking of converting. I have a 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp.

I've got some questions.
    1) did you use the Standard 68-73mm BB size BBSHD? My bottom bracket measures 73 mm like yours.
    2) did you have issues with the BBSHD clearing the chain stays? Did you need spacers?
    3) what chain ring did you use? I'm wondering about getting a good chain line, and being able to use the largest sprocket on the rear. Mine is only 34 teeth, and I'm worried about mountain hill climbing ability here in Boulder, Colorado. I'm wondering how much offset can be supported on these frames to improve the chainline.
    4) are you still using your Shark Pack and are you happy with that? I'm looking at the Shark Pack and the new Wolf Packs.

I so very much appreciate anything you can tell me. I'm completely new at this--this will be my first attempt to do an e-bike conversion.

Thanks!
    David

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    commented on 's reply
    That looks like a great ride, I broke out my BBSHD equipped full suspension bike for a few days, suspension feels good after riding my hard tail bikes a lot, like riding on a cloud. You'll enjoy that one and it looks like you could get an even bigger battery in there if you wanted to someday.

• Rodney64
    replied
    2009 Giant Anthem 3, Medium BBSHD, 52 Volt 13.5ah Shark Pack, 68mm BB so an exerlent bike it convert.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180110_122103-min.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	55692

Leave a comment:

• ximox
    replied
    Does this count?? :)

2011 Specialized Epic Fsr Comp frame M

Build Thread Here

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9554.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	47571
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ximox; 10-07-2017, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    Quite right and TY

• Zippy
    commented on 's reply
    Looks nice, good FS frames with a fairly large triangle are great to use, you can find them for a decent price and they are modern enough to ride really well, I love mine.

• max_volt
    commented on 's reply
    You're posting in the wrong place but of course you can
    https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...ting-4-pieces/

• dantheman
    replied
    Hi!

I've bought a Canyon Torque FRX Rockzone that i would like to convert. The bottom bracket is 65mm. Do anyone know if i can use spacers to make a BBSHD 68mm fit?

Thanks!!
    Daniel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X