Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of BIKE BUILD THREADS to be BBSHD or BBS02 Compatible (Pictorial)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Roam 2 Disc

Build thread can be found here Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4519.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	23152
    Attached Files

Comment

Motobecane 29+ X5 BBSHD Build-18 inch frame

Build thread found here
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4291_zpsunjxhloq.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	24823

Comment

Surly Pugsley (small) with BBSHD and 52v 13.5ah Shark Pack

Link to build thread:
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/builds/ebike-building-directions/25229-surly-pugsley-fatbike-with-bbhsd-and-52v-13-5-ah-panasonic-shark-pack

Name:	IMG_20170104_160704551.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	25257

Comment

BBS02 kit to Dahon Speed D7 (Mariner)

Build thread found here

Name:	image_5016.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	25339

Comment

Black Electra Moto + BBS02

Build thread found here

Name:	image_5267.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	25791

Comment

• Rider
              Rider commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good looking bike with and without the BBS##. I wish Electra made the Moto in XL size. Honestly, I think there is a market for this good looking ride for us big guys.

BBSHD with Malvern Star Insight flat bar. No idea of the year. Probably nineties.
            Build thread https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...6029#post26029

Attached Files
            Last edited by Rods; 01-18-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Specialized 2017 Roll Elite (L) BBSHD ....17.5ah Jumbo Shark in Blackburn frame pack large

Comment

Specialized 2017 Roll Elite (L) BBSHD Jumbo Shark Pack 17.5ah Black burn frame pack Large

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-blackburn-bag

Name:	20170130_164420.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	26882

Comment

Specialized Myka

Build thread found here:

Name:	mykasquaresm.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	27568

Comment

Dahon Jetstream FS Folder BBS02 + 52v mighty mini

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/builds/ebike-building-directions/28970-building-a-1000-watt-mid-drive-electric-full-suspension-folding-bike

Comment

Hi All - I don't know.... maybe I'm short on cowbell or something. I seem to have picked up the ebike bug. After years of dismissing the concept, I am having pain in my right knee and suddenly, the idea is making more sense. I'm keeping fairly conservative with my projects so far and trying to ride in a safe and sane manner. The last thing I want is to reflect the ebike thing in a negative light. I get enough of that crap flying my drones.

build link: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/builds/custom-builds/30181-sun-spider-3-speed-igh-ebike-conversion

So this is the fifth ebike I've assembled - a Fuji trail/road hybrid, a vintage Jamis Dakota, a Framed 2.0 and another Framed (both were assembled for a friend and his wife. I just test rode my most recent project.... a 100mm BBSHD on a dual disc braked, 3-speed IGH fat bike - a Sun Spider 3i. For some reason, the 3-speed IGH was the most problematic bike of the bunch to convert.... I stripped a crank arm bolt and had to resort to major surgery to get that thing off. I thought of Karl Gesslein as I struggled with it. I also had a bit of trouble finding a chain that would fit the Bafang chainring and the Sturmey-Archer single sprocket. It was a tight fit on the teeth initially but seems to be breaking in now. I love the bike and so does everyone who has ridden it. The display suddenly took a dive - not sure why. It started out flashing an error code then went kaput. I had a spare so no big deal. I'm sure Luna will make it right. I have no reservations about that. It's why I buy from them.

I don't have an elaborate plan on documenting but I took a couple of photos. It was pretty straight forward. The battery cradle wouldn't fit initially on the water bottle cage mounts but a bit of drilling fixed that OK. I'm using velcro straps as well. A trip to the hardware store allowed my to procure some 'button head' hex bolts to clear the path on the cradle for the battery.

I went with a steel/aluminum aftermarket chainring with 40 teeth. The chain wraps around that as well as the 20 tooth sprocket for a reasonably straight chainline.

Disc brakes on this one aren't real great but after some careful adjustments seem to stop it OK.

The riding position is quite comfortable but I swapped out the massive cruiser seat for something more streamlined.

There are some welded inserts for fenders(?) or racks(?) front and rear. Not sure if I'm going to hunt those items down. Click image for larger version  Name:	sunspider1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	389.7 KB ID:	30180
                      Last edited by john mellor; 03-14-2017, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Soma Saga DC + BBSHD. 52v 13.5Ah Shark Tank.

Build thread here: ??
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170318_224454.jpg Views:	1 Size:	206.0 KB ID:	30712

Comment

Gravity Bullseye 16 inch

Build thread can be found here:

Name:	littlemulesm.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	34939

Comment

Lightspeed Unicoi BBSHD conversion

Build thread can be found here: