Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of BIKE BUILD THREADS to be BBSHD or BBS02 Compatible (Pictorial)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surly Troll with BBSHD

Build thread can be found here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	34947

Comment

1997 Kona ManoMano - Old School full suspension mtb - BBSHD

Name:	image_6745.jpg
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	34949

Comment

Scott Genius 50 (2009) & Lunacycle BBS02 Kit

Name:	image_7393.jpg
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	34995

Comment

Electra Lux 7D https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...d-installation

Name:	image_5539.jpg
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	35415

Comment

Specialized Enduro. BBS02 750W, 48v ultra slim battery. 44T sprocket, hydrolic brake kit. Bolted on no problem.

thank you for all of the information on this site. It made the installation so much easier with the information learned on this site.

Name:	20170715_123756.jpg
Size:	803.9 KB
ID:	39957

Comment

Fito Modena GT 2 BBS02 Build.

**Had to use eccentric BB adapters and add a through bolt to secure them.

Not a full "how to" thread but contains a decent amount of info and troubleshooting. As pictured cost was about $1600.

Santa Cruz Super 8 (1999) Build Thread BBSHD Ludicrous. (In progess)

Full build instruction thread yet to come. Got a lot of kinks to iron out first.

Last edited by moarpower; 07-16-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Added BBSHD to 2016 Motobecane Fantom 29er. Bike was about $1400, motor kit, suspension post & street tires, about $1200. 68mm Kit installation went smoothly. I think the only item that I needed to replace from the kit was longer bolts for the chainring, plus spacer. Decided to create a relaxed, sit upright ride from the mtn bike due to chronic arm pain. Bike rides comfortably, my back, shoulders and neck also like sitting upright. To do this I swapped out the flat handlebar for a riser on headset & sweepback handlebars. The thudbuster is wonderful with my old, comfy brooks saddle. I used a dolphin bracket as I already had a few of those 52v dolphin batteries working on my other ebike. With the 48 chainring this thing cruises quietly and efficiently at 25 mph +. I'm not so impressed with the glue on brake sensor. I'm finding pausing peddling a couple seconds before shifting works fine for me. Would be nice if there was a dependable, instant motor kill option for shifting. In the future I could make this a mtn beast by swapping out the chainring, street tires and removing the headset riser. After a few long test rides, I'm happy with this bike & the quality of Luna products.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	laytonville-4-4.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	40769

Attached Files
                Last edited by rezdog; 07-26-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

BBSHD on Sun EX-3 USX-HD delta trike

Comment

1993 Giant ATX 770, BBS02 Anniversary Kit with 52A Battery and Color Display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZhZdvPwaM

Comment

Working...
                    X