Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of BIKE BUILD THREADS to be BBSHD or BBS02 Compatible (Pictorial)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Project. BBS02 on Marin Muirwoods.

Build thread here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	qZEpX1B.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	60776

Comment

Our updated ebike conversions. For the wife I converted a 2018 Specialized Roll Step-Through and mine is a 2018 Trek Marlin 5.

I reused the bbs02s off our old 1993 Rock Hoppers Comp and purchased hydraulic sensors for the brakes.
      Really like the way they turned out.

For the Roll I was able run an extra long Bafang wiring harness through the frame on the right side where the front derailleur ran. Had to drill out the hole for the cable to fit and also cut the head off (didn't want to drill a big hole, just the size of the cable) and resoldered it back on where the cable exits near the bottom backet. Also had to grind a little out of the middle of the bottom bracket so the bbs02 would slide through and shorten the battery cable for a custom fit.

The Trek was a breeze, only had to slightly dent (panel beat) the chain stay, about 4 mm, so the lekie 42 would clear. I did this instead of shims for fear of messing up the chain alignment. Now I need to tidy up the wires up front and call it done.

We really enjoy the upgraded frames. Hydralic brakes are wonderful.

Comment

PROJECT 2018 - CANYON Torque EX Enduro BBSHD 52V Backpack Accu

DETAILS

01 - PEDELECFORUM - GERMAN

02 - DEUTER - ATTACK BACKPACK | ACCU

03 - LUPINE - LED-LIGHT - FRONT | REAR

04 - REAR SHOCK - CANE CREEK DOUBLE BARREL AIR | ROCKSHOX VIVID R2C

05 - BAFANG - DOWNLOAD BAFANG BBSHD SETUP - TOUR LOW | MID | HIGH

06 - MUDGUARD - MARSH GUARD | SKS FENDER | MOTOR SKID PLATE

07 - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER ROAR | BLUETOOTH WIRELESS SPEAKER

08 - BAFANG - HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKE SENSOR | BRAKE SRAM GUIDE R

09 - TYRES - MAXXIS MINION DHF | CONTINTENTAL MOUNTAIN KING

10 - BOTTLE CAGE - TOPEAK MODULA CAGE EX | RED BULL

Modell: CANYON TORQUE EX GAPSTAR 2016
        Frame: CANYON TORQUE EX (WITH CUTTING ISCG STUDS)
        Size: M
        Color: RAW CLUB
        Rear Shock-1: CANE CREEK DOUBLE BARREL AIR (240 mm x 76 mm)
        Rear Shock-2: ROCK SHOX VIVID R2C (COIL SPRING 300 lbs / 350 lbs)
        Fork: ROCKSHOX LYRIK RC SOLO AIR
        Headset: CANE CREEK 40
        Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX, 11S
        Shifters: SRAM GX, 11S
        Brakes: SRAM GUIDE R
        Derailleur Hanger: NR. 21
        Cassette: SRAM XG-1150, 11S, 10-42
        Wheelset: DT SWISS FR 2090 26 INCH
        Tyres: MAXXIS MINION DHF EXO 3C / CONTINENTAL MOUNTAIN KING
        Motor: BAFANG BBSHD, 68-73 mm + 2 x 2 mm SPACERS
        Bafang: DISPLAY DPC-18 WITH ECO/SPORT, GEARSENSOR, BRAKESENSOR, THROTTLE
        Chainrings: LEKKIE 42T FOR BAFANG BBSHD + 1 x 2 mm SPACER (PERFECT CHAINLINE)
        Chain: SRAM PC-1130 / 120 11S
        Stem: RACE FACE RESPOND
        Handlebar: RENTHAL FATBAR
        Grips: ERGON GS2
        Saddle: SQLAB 610 ERGOLUX ACTIVE
        Seat Post: ROCKSHOX REVERB STEALTH
        Pedals: SHIMANO PD-MX80
        Accu: 52V 14A 728WH HAILONG BOTTLE ACCU 36 x 9 x 9 cm
        Accu-Cable: ÖLFLEX-CABLE + XT-90S ANTI-SPARK CONNECTOR
        Backpack: DEUTER ATTACK
        RAM-Mount: RAM-MOUNT FOR NAVIGATION TOURATECH GARMIN GPSMAP60CSX
        LED-Light: LUPINE ROTLICHT (REDLIGHT) / BRAKE SENSOR, LUPINE PIKO R7 REMOTE
        Wireless Speaker: CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER ROAR BLUETOOTH WIRELESS SPEAKER
        Last edited by blackraider; 09-24-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

2018 Diamondback Sync'r 27.5 BBSHD Build

Check out build report here

Last edited by svenpup; 11-17-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Scott Sportster P3 2008 e-Powered by Bafang BBSHD

Check out the Build here: http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...my-first-build

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	78482

Comment

Surly Big Dummy XL (aka LuckDragon)

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	78821
              Last edited by RmooreID; 11-23-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	79651 This is my 3rd build using a Specialized Roll. This time I used the Step Through size small. I am happy to say that changes in the bottom bracket required zero grinding to insert the BBSHD. Previous Rolls required substantial grinding to the aluminum between the threads in the bottom bracket. I used a household wire channel from home depot to tidy up the wires on the underside of the frame heading to the handlebars. As you can see I have not finished the wiring to the battery. Any suggestions for discreet cable routing are welcome. The Roswheel bag on the back is 18$ from Amazon It's bigger than what is required for the 52v 17ah panasonic but it can hold the killer whale pack which I used it for in another build....I may build a custom box or bag for this bike. She rides like a dream. Had her on the maiden voyage last night!
                Last edited by Churnmaster; 12-12-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• ncrkd
                  ncrkd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, that a nice job - looks like lots of clearance for the Eclipse chain ring too.

• Churnmaster
                  Churnmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you...No spacer was required

You should add Surly Big Fat Dummy to the list with a BBSHD

Comment

• paxtana
                  paxtana commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have a link to a specific build thread

• ncrkd
                  ncrkd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Up a little is a close one: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...8820#post78820 - hope the picture tells a thousand words.

Looks like a BBSHD and stock pie plate to a disc Nexus 3 IGH with a chain tensioner.
                  Last edited by ncrkd; 04-24-2019, 12:38 PM.

Electric bicycle in our country is different

Comment

The "Better Ruffian"
                  BBSHD/ Phaserunner @ 52V/ 50A dual Samsung 25r 12.5ah packs in Parallel
                  Ruff-Cycles Basman Frame, Tank, Fenders
                  All other Parts from various sources, most listed and linked
                  Current Cost(upgrades people) $2900

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...need-your-help
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Defjr333; 09-16-2019, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Would Admin kindly move pics to above post. Sorry and thnx
                    Last edited by Defjr333; 09-15-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
                      paxtana commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's a separate 'node', if I move them it will disappear shortly after deleting this post. You would want to upload them to the above by hitting edit and attaching them. Then this post can be deleted

Name:	IMG_7504.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	93630 2019 Trance 2, Full suspension with BBSHD Mid-drive Kit

See link for build report
                    2019 Giant Trance 2 (I love my 1998 K2 build (Luna BBSHD mid-drive) so much I was a little worried about whether I could be happy with a new build.) But I am SUPER happy with this build. This is my second build with the BBSHD mid-Drive kit. Bike cost was $2300 Kit cost was about $1500 The bottom bracket has outer tabs (see
                    Last edited by prh88; 09-18-2019, 04:10 AM.

Comment

See link for build report

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bshd-mid-drive

1999 K2900. This is my first build with the BBSHD mid-drive kit. Bike cost was $1000 in 1999. Kit cost was about $1400

Comment

Donor Bike - Motobecane Fantom Boost Elite
                        Conversion Kit - BBHSD
                        Battery - 52v Luna Wolf Pup
                        Approximate Cost - $2,650

I wanted a stealth e-MTB because where I ride in CA coastal hills of OC dictates one. With all the fancy $6K full suspension models showing up lately, it seems less controversial than before, but still technically illegal in some areas. I waited a couple years for the Wolf Pup and the Luna 500C mini display. I got the beast dirty yesterday and thought I’d share it with you. It was off the charts fun and yet, still a great workout in PAS 1, sometimes 2 for the steep stuff.

About the build, it was made a lot easier with the help of Karl at https://electricbike-blog.com , Ron and Luna staff at Electricbike.com. I decided a hard tail was good advice for durability and control. I went with a Fantom Boost Elite 27.5 Plus Bike from Bikes Direct. I got to know the bike first and then custom fit it with a Fabric Gell Saddle, Hunter smooth move “comfort bars”, Ergon GA3 grips and a Kinekt 2.1 seat post to give the bike a sense of full suspension. I had done extensive research on intrusive chain stays because the Boost standard comes with a wider axle and chain stay, especially for a 68mm bottom bracket. The bike has a 1x11 SRAM NX drive train and came with a 30 T chain ring. Given the intrusive chain stay and the way the BBHSD motor measured out, I knew I needed a chain ring with the offset of the 42T Luna Eclipse or Lekkie Bling Ring to retain use of all 11 gears. I estimated that the Luna was too much offset and I was right. In all fairness, a chain ring spacer could have made the Luna Eclipse work but I prefer the Lekkie for a little more stealthy look.

If you end up using this bike, or another with Boost axles, you will need ample spacers for the BBHSD. I estimate 6mm worth (a couple more than what comes in the “Luna Install Helper” kit). In the end there was still 15mm of threads to install the two BB screw caps (you need at least 12mm). The only mistake I made was leaving the brake cable routed between the motor and the down tube. Once I routed it off to the side and alleviated the pinching the build was complete. To make the bike as stealthy as possible, I color coded the wire running up the seat tube by wrapping it in electrical tape to match the bike frame.

Using PAS the Wolf Pup gets over 10 miles in the hills. I will be getting a 2nd one to store in my Camelback hydration pack. At 4 pounds the Wolf Pup should be no problem. Lastly the bike cost me $2,650 and I am quite happy with it. Thanks Luna Cycle!
                        Last edited by CC Rider; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X