Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albeegood
    commented on 's reply
    limhrod that’s exactly what I had to do to mine.

• Albeegood
    commented on 's reply
    They have a sizing chart 5’7-5’9= 15.5”

• Albeegood
    replied
    Dude you are a life saver!! I also have the BBSHD 68/73 and for weeks I’ve been on bikes direct and so confused about their bb specs. I wasn’t sure if my kit will fit the fantom 29 trail which is also the bike I want. I wrote to bikes direct asking will my bbshd 68/73 fit that bike and this was their reply,
    Hello,

“Unfortunately we cannot not provide any information pertaining to spec, geometry, or compatibility for the purpose of installing any motor to any bike from any brand that is not designated eBike specific. Installing a motor on any bike that is not designated as an eBike is in violation of the manufacturers warranties.

Thanks,
    Chris”
    so i want to thank you so so much for this post about your bike. I wish I lived near you so we can spin tires together. Nice bike I hope you make the most of it.
    PS i am thinking on amping my controller with the Grin
    Phaserunner

Leave a comment:

• CHILI
    replied
    I am interested in buying your bike. I live in Ohio. If everything works I'll give $1700.

Leave a comment:

• limhrod
    replied
    very nice looking build SQN and nicely documented build thread. i've been looking at that same bike and glad to see that it can be converted so well.

Leave a comment:

• limhrod
    commented on 's reply
    i think the 15.5" inch frame is the next size down from this one. and i think you can pretty easily just drill new holes in the battery holder/mount so that you can mount it higher up/towards the front.

• Ryanb9933
    replied

Hello, this looks like a great bike and seems like it would really do the job for commuting. I live in Fort Wayne, and will probably run into the same issue with winter weather around the corner though it's early enough that I'd get some use our of it now.

I've been thinking I'd build one in the spring, but the bike you put together seems like it could really be a perfect setup for what I'm thinking about.

I'm interested in the bike, depending on price. What kind of price were you thinking about?

I attempted a pm but may have messed it up...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• quantumofgalaxy
    replied
    Just a quick question about your bike specs (not about making an offer) -- I'm planning on building my own e-bike (I have absolutely NO experience with bikes/mechanics, but I want to learn) and will be ordering a bike off of bikesdirect. The Motobecane Fantom29 caught my eye, and your bike looks like my dream e-bike. You said you're 5'10 -- I'm 5'7, what frame size Fantom29 would you recommend? And what are the dimensions of your frame "triangle" for the battery -- do you think a smaller bike really wouldn't be able to hold the battery? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• OleMiss
    replied
    Whats the least you would take for it??

Leave a comment:

• Rodney64
    replied
    Nice tyres i have thw marathon on my wifes bike.

Leave a comment:

• SQN
    replied
    So here is an update on my build. I added Schwalbe Big Ben 28x2.15 tires. Added a Topeak 29r rack. Tried my best to get the fenders installed without dropouts on the front suspension fork.

I've pretty much got it to my liking. Problem is, I'm not riding it. Too busy with work now. New position, more travel, less consistent commute, and less time to allocate to riding. I've not once been able to commute on the thing, and before long, it will be too cold and icy here in Ohio to ride safely.

I'm having second thoughts. Anyone want to make me an offer on this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7199.JPG
Views:	1146
Size:	504.4 KB
ID:	20466 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7199.JPG
Views:	1039
Size:	504.4 KB
ID:	20467

Leave a comment:

• g725s
    replied
    My suggestion for other newbies, as you found out, wanting to feed the wire through the gear sensor and cut the housing.

Don't spend $20+ on cable cutters. Get a new wire for $3-4 at a bike shop. And it is easy to feed the wire because of the welded end. My bike shop threw in a couple of those little crimping caps for the end of the wire for after I cut the wire to lenght.

And for cutting the wire housing, use a bench grinder, or hand grinder, or dremel.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Weinberg
    replied
    What Size is your Bike Frame and how tall are you? Hows it riding??

Leave a comment:

• SQN
    replied
    Hi. I purchased the 48v Panasonic 13.5ah Shark Pack (Cell Choice: High Power and Long Rage GA 13.5ah).

Unfortunately, I haven't ridden it enough yet to know the range I can expect from the battery. I'm hoping to maybe start commuting next week or the week after. Will report back.

Leave a comment:

• mtb123
    replied
    Thanks for the detailed review. I'm looking to do something similar with bbshd and shark pack.
    Did you get the GA 52v version? what kind of range do you get?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X