Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-bikeKC
    replied
    I'm using an adjustable Meanwell and a timer to charge. It lets me set the voltage to 49.2V (4.1V/cell) or 50.4V (4.2V/cell) depending on my range needs. I usually charge to 4.1V/cell, but when I need the extra range or when I want to balance I turn it up to 4.2V/cell.

I also have a watt meter in line with the Meanwell. I can see the charge current and it lets me know when the current starts to taper off at the end of the charge.

Leave a comment:

• g725s
    replied
    How do you charge that battery? What is your charging setup?

Leave a comment:

• E-bikeKC
    replied
    The chainline with my current setup is spot-on. I don't have a picture but it looks very good to me. I think if you cut the BB on the right side, the chainline would be set off a bit.

Leave a comment:

• g725s
    commented on 's reply
    Could you cut the Bottom Bracket down some on the right side? How is the chainline with your current setup?

• E-bikeKC
    replied
    The 120mm version is available on Cyclone site: http://www.cyclone-tw.com/order-chainwheel.htm

I used the 110mm from Luna on the Sikk. The spindle was short on the left side, but the crank still cleared the frame. It's working OK for me but YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• g725s
    commented on 's reply
    on his website that he posted in the first post here it says he is getting about 20-25 miles out of this setup at 20mph
    Retro motor-bike was the inspiration for this build, but with a modern twist.  4″ fat…

• g725s
    replied
    Does the Cyclone have a kit that fits the 120mm BB like this build here? Looking on the Luna website they only show kits for up to 110mm. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Leave a comment:

• Red Sun
    replied
    The battery is larger Capacity, do you need two 6s lipo battery in series ? How long can it run ? And how long to charger full it ?

Leave a comment:

• Red Sun
    replied
    The battery is larger Capacity, do you need two 6s lipo battery in series ? How long can it run ? And how long to charger full it ?

Leave a comment:

• Red Sun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• E-bikeKC
    replied
    Nope. Just series connect the main discharge wires, that's it.

One more tip: When you're ready to connect the balance leads to the BMS for the first time, check the voltage on each wire before plugging in. You should see each cell's voltage on wires 2-13 (the first wire is the battery negative). If you don't see that, go back and inspect your harness for a fault.

Leave a comment:

• philtc
    replied
    Thx for the info . Actually the question would be: do you need to tear apart a lipo pack to make it work with a BMS ? Basically to connect each cells. I had a question about the PAS when I was thinking of buying the cyclone maybe the answer of gman can help . http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...pas-and-others.

Leave a comment:

• E-bikeKC
    replied
    Originally posted by Brattmjones View Post
    Not sure if you found out how to make your pas work but addition to the plug to plug in pas there is also a off on set of plugs called pas on and off plugs those two together and it should work
    Thanks! I had forgotten all about that. It's been a while since installed everything and all the wires got pushed together so I overlooked it. Will give that a try, hope it works.

Originally posted by philtc View Post
    Wow nice build! $350 for a 44v 16ah battery? lol I really need to understand how to use lipo... Where did you get the info for wiring the bms? Thanx!
    The wiring diagram is on the web page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bms_wiring.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	19319

You just need to remember that both the 6s positive balance wire of the first lipo brick and the negative balance wire of the second brick need to be connected to B6+ on the BMS. Also soldering the large discharge wires takes a bit of practice. I recommend using no smaller than a 60W iron with a chisel tip and practicing on some scrap to get the hang of it.

The nice thing about these units is you don't have to use all the channels. You could go up to 16s but I leave the top 4 channels empty and it works fine. It also has LEDs to let you know when each cell hits 4.2V. I'm currently using a Meanwell adjustable power supply to charge. I normally charge to 4.1V/cell and occasionally to 4.2V/cell to balance or if I need a little extra range.

Leave a comment:

• philtc
    replied
    Wow nice build! $350 for a 44v 16ah battery? lol I really need to understand how to use lipo... Where did you get the info for wiring the bms? Thanx!

Leave a comment:

• Eric Luna
    replied
    awesome build.... great work :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X