No announcement yet.

Gravity BullseyeMonster LTD with BBHSD and 52V 13.5 ah Panasonic Shark Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I've been offline for a bit. Is there a way to get email updates...keep wanting to subscribe, but haven't figured out how.

Glenn, I'll try and get the stuff you asked for. Can't remember the frame size offhand, but will go look it up and get back to you.

Comment

OK...it's a 20 inch frame. I'm about 6 ft with a 32 inch inseam and it works great for me.

And I figured out the email notification thing so I promise to be more prompt about replying.

Here are the low gear and chain ring space pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	716.5 KB
ID:	20684

Name:	IMG_0266.JPG
Size:	705.9 KB
ID:	20685

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG
Size:	733.9 KB
ID:	20686
      Last edited by motoray; 10-16-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0269.JPG
Size:	702.0 KB
ID:	20688
        I've started mostly running a couple gears higher than that in general and the chainline is pretty straight there.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG
Size:	665.6 KB
ID:	20690

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG
Size:	740.1 KB
ID:	20691
          Finally here are a couple of pics from my Trek Mountain bike's chainline for comparison.

Comment

On the whole chain line thing, my Sturgis Bullet fattie has a pretty wonked one when in the lowest 3 gears. As it is my trail rider that is where I spend a lot of time, but after the first 500 miles I am still on the original (unknown quality) chain that came with it, and my cassette and Mini chain ring look fine. It just surprises me it works as well as it does I guess. I don't know if there is an efficiency hit however, maybe more drive line drag?

It's good to see I'm not the only one who lets their ride get real dirty and is not ashamed....that bike is being ridden!

Comment

• motoray
              motoray commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok now I'm going to have to wash it. :P

Recently got the first upgrade for the bike--the full color display. I haven't had my first ride on it yet, but am hoping for soon. Thought I'd post photos, though, of the before and after shots.

Name:	before.jpg
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	23122

Name:	after.jpg
Size:	472.1 KB
ID:	23123

Comment

woww
              i like this build !!
              hobby nitro אופ×*יים חשמליות

Comment

I finally got around to figuring out how to change some of the settings on my full color display, after riding it as it came out of the box for the last 700 miles. I like the watts being consumed displayed v. the amps, so changed to that. Changed the PAS to 9 levels, so much better control over how much it helps me..... and lastly, ramped up the display's brightness so now I can actually read it without having to look at it from a certain angle. Nice piece of equipment all in all.

Comment

• motoray
                  motoray commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got obsessed with the display before buying so have programmed before my first big ride with it (yesterday--about 15 miles). Like you I have PAS set to 9 and the display brightness turned up. I was surprised when even though I showed battery power left on the batter that it died on me about .5 miles from home. I hadn't charged it up all the way (was only reading about 51.6 volts before I left...so I figured that wasn't bad given all the climbing. Still caught me a bit off-guard. Have you found a way to have it accurately tell you when you're REALLY out of juice?

Dunno if I ever posted this, but I realized a while ago that I actually bought the 11.5 ah battery. Now I really wish I'd waited...though in all fairness I've gotten plenty of use and range out of the pack I bought. I'll upgrade later. :P

Comment

How's the Gravity Bullseye Monster LTD holding up right now?

Comment

• ykick
                    ykick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, me too?

As I followed this OP used a 120 kit? Think 100 might've worked while keeping the chain line more tolerable with the Aluminum 40/42T?

I had to do a double take - are my eyes playing tricks?

Name:	image_3073.png
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	44809

It would appear the alloy outer cosmetic lock ring is on the inside and the main (inner) steel locking nut is on the outside? Do I have that correct?

Comment

• Downshift100
                    Downshift100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah that's the way it looks in pic.....however the gray ring is supposed to go on first.....then black ring (jam nut) should go on after.
                Working...
                X