No announcement yet.

Second Build: Motobecane Boris X7 with BBSHD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the wide boris (197mm) and like the frame a lot but went with the 100mm which just barely fit and if I were to do it over would go with the 120mm. The pedals are a bit off-center with the 100mm but that was easily remedied with a pedal extender on one side and the chain line is excellent.

Comment

• pure_mahem
      pure_mahem commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it was one of your posts that made me decide to go with the 120. Cheers!

If it had been even 1mm shorter the only way it would have worked would have been to remove metal from the frame and I wouldn't want to risk that

I helped with another build on a 170mm boris frame and the builder got the 120mm. On that frame the 100mm would have likely fit and we ended up with a large spacer like xcnick did but fortunately didn't have issue he had needing a torque arm and it worked out with well centered pedals and usable chainline - the chainline wouldn't have been any different with the 100mm...

I tend to agree that the narrowest one that will work is best but it's so close on this frame, even after success with the 100mm if I were to do it over would go with the 120mm

YMMV

Click image for larger version

Name:	ricky.gif
Views:	32
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	82957

Comment

Working...
    X