need help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help please!

So i bought a ebike kit to try build it my self, i managed to get everything wired up but i stumbled into a problem.

How do i connect the controller to the battery? do i miss a cable or something?

Same comment I posted on the other site reproduced below:

If that socket shown in the picture is the discharge port on the battery, you will need to get a matching female plug and build a wire that will connect from there to the thicker red(+ve) and black(-ve) wires on the controller. I believe that is an IEC320 plug. The easiest thing would be to get a power cable which already has the female connector on one end and cut off the other end to wire to your controller. Those cables are fairly common and used as AC power cables..for example from wall to brick for PC charger.

Of course if that is not the discharge port on the battery, ignore all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

If that socket shown in the picture is the discharge port on the battery, you will need to get a matching female plug and build a wire that will connect from there to the thicker red(+ve) and black(-ve) wires on the controller. I believe that is an IEC320 plug. The easiest thing would be to get a power cable which already has the female connector on one end and cut off the other end to wire to your controller. Those cables are fairly common and used as AC power cables..for example from wall to brick for PC charger.

Of course if that is not the discharge port on the battery, ignore all of the above.
      hello thank you for your reply i appreciate it alot!

Do you think thats gonna work? im very scared that the battery will get destroyed it was very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by leprachun View Post

hello thank you for your reply i appreciate it alot!

Do you think thats gonna work? im very scared that the battery will get destroyed it was very expensive.
        Well somehow you need to make a connection from the +ve side of the discharge port on the battery to the +ve side of the power connection on the controller and the -ve side of the discharge port on the battery to the -ve side of the controller. How you do it is up to you. Mine was just one suggestion on how to do it.

Comment

Well somehow you need to make a connection from the +ve side of the discharge port on the battery to the +ve side of the power connection on the controller and the -ve side of the discharge port on the battery to the -ve side of the controller. How you do it is up to you. Mine was just one suggestion on how to do it.
          I don't quite know how to do it. Do I just cut the end of the iec 320 that goes into the wall and solder a connection between brown + red and then blue to black?

Sorry for retarded questions but im not good when it comes to these things.

Comment

Mate im pretty new to all this stuff, but would male prongs on a discharge port be right? Seem's like a short waiting to happen, sorry just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Mate View Post

Mate im pretty new to all this stuff, but would male prongs on a discharge port be right? Seem's like a short waiting to happen, sorry just my two cents.
              Without seeing the battery, as I said, I couldn't say for sure that is the discharge port. I have one battery myself that uses the same physical connection for charge and discharge and indeed it has that male pronged connector on it.

Perhaps the owner can check to see if it has separate ports for charge and discharge? Or if there was any doc with it, it might say?

Comment

Without seeing the battery, as I said, I couldn't say for sure that is the discharge port. I have one battery myself that uses the same physical connection for charge and discharge and indeed it has that male pronged connector on it.

Perhaps the owner can check to see if it has separate ports for charge and discharge? Or if there was any doc with it, it might say?
                OH Ok mate, Sorry for second guessing you, I have never seen one up close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mate View Post

OH Ok mate, Sorry for second guessing you, I have never seen one up close.
                  No problem...and as I said, I'm not even 100% sure that is the discharge port on that battery in the picture. Those single dual purpose connections are seen quite frequently on scooter-style bikes (I think a carryover from the lead acid days). I agree it is a bit of a dumb design. One time I accidentally plugged 120V AC into that port on my 48V LiFePO4 battery. Fortunately the only damage was a blown fuse.

Comment

You got Lucky, that could of been an expensive mistake :)

Comment

made a video perhaps someone can find the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcezIHki5pA

Comment

Working...
                      X