No announcement yet.

Intense Uzzi with BBSHD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full fenders are amazing, but as I said above, the mud flap does much of the work. So high performance mud flaps, here we come! Turns out truckers put weight at the bottom. Works like a charm on the bike as well. However I fear the Uzzi will have to take a new direction in styling.

Comment

It just needed some balance.

Comment

When I was a kid you didn't show up at the park with fenders and a kickstand. At best you got laughed at, at worse you got beat up. The Britts say in for a penny, in for a pound. Handle bar streamers make sure you will get pounded.

Comment

• calfee20
          calfee20 commented
          Editing a comment
          Streamers,,, and you made comments about my white wire ties. Boy...............

• xcnick
          xcnick commented
          Editing a comment
          Your Paratrooper is a thing of beauty, the Uzzi is more of an abomination of nature you stare at like a car accident. It is also a great place to use up the white zip ties. Must...have...Wolf Battery!

Now I can hide some details you have to look for.

Comment

The wife and I fought over streamers on her bike. She kept saying: "If you like them so much, put them on your bike!" Well, now I have she kind of likes them. Stay tuned to see if I can get them back on her bike.

Comment

Rear Light, probably a popular Luna light but the first I have gotten and it goes pretty well with the trucker biker theme.

Comment

Fox sells decals for the fork so I bought the one called stealth. I have a hub you can't hear and now I have a decal you can't see! The orange was a bit too much, but with the P clamp around it there was too much attention brought to the fender.

Comment

This might be too much in one's face to be tasteful, even by my standards. The silver one looks better than this white sticker.

Comment

Your post on the Intense Uzzi caught my eye . I enjoyed reading about the adventure. I converted an 2002 Intense Uzzi SLX with the Luna bbshd kit. Had to shim it out past the suspension pivot. It's amazing how fun making your own ebike can be, and with what may start as a budget build, well let's just say that one thing Invariably leads to another. It's only running on a 48v shark pack which just barely fits above the down tube. Zip ties are ones best friends in dealing with the harness. Tires are 2.5 x 26 Specialized Butchers front and rear. Chris King hubs and headset , an old 75 mm crank bros dropper post to make starting and stopping just a bit easier. At least pedal strikes don't occur as often as my newer factory made rides , and with about 165mm travel front and rear it makes for a plush old school geometry type ride.

Comment

Which is bigger, the rear disc or the pie plate you call low gear? 40 tooth chainring? Fins on the disc, I hope they work, my Uzzi is sporting some new ZEE four piston binders. I gotta update. Wolf battery, full bagger, yes panties on a full sus bike. Love how clean your paint is. Battery looks factory,

‚Äč

Comment

The rear cassette is an 11spd Shimano 11-46.
                      Changed the front out to a Luna Eclipse 42 tooth, primarily to get a more centered chain line.
                      In regards to the brakes, I really like the constant feel / modulation of the ICE tech brakes in repeated braking when riding back down the mountain trails .

Comment

Working...
                      X