Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigFatDummy
    replied
    I got the Pugsley, but trying to work out if I should get the 100mm or 120mm motor. I've seen both builds but definitely worried about the chain line and I don't want the chain falling off like I've seen people saying...

Leave a comment:

• Fhar
    replied
    Originally posted by BigFatDummy View Post
    Did you ever find your answer? Looking at building a Pugsly with the BSHD motor right now.
    I didn't find an answer, but I gave it a go anyway. No way to make the Gates belt drive work, but I did get the 100mm BBSHD to work with a Nuvinci n360. It required a lot of spacers, though, and an offset crank on the non-drive side, as I recall, and the chainline ia a mess. If you're running singlespeed, I'd recommend chain tensioners to keep the chain from dropping constantly due to the bad chainline.

Leave a comment:

• BigFatDummy
    replied
    Did you ever find your answer? Looking at building a Pugsly with the BSHD motor right now.

Leave a comment:

• Fhar
    started a topic Surly Pugsley 2.0 with BBSHD 100mm?

Surly Pugsley 2.0 with BBSHD 100mm?

Hi all,

Has anyone had success (or failure) with building the new, redesigned Surly Pugsley 2.0 with a BBSHD 100mm? I see this thread regarding a build with the older Pugsley, but it sounds like the updated version may have more intrusive chainstays, so wondering if the 100mm BBSHD will work. Ultimately thinking of using a Gates Carbon Drive system with Nuvinci N360 hub, if anyone has thoughts/experience on that.
    My daily commute is 13 miles each way, and I found myself making excuses for driving my car instead of biking, especially with snow on the road. I own a Surly
Working...
X