E-bike battery problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-bike battery problems

So I had recently gotten a 1500w kit. Got it installed just fine. Went to look at batteries and thought they were to expensive. So I thought I would build one. We (my brother “an electrician) got the battery all wired up to the other batteries (18650 cells) nothing wrong was happening. It was acting like we thought. We had connected the balance ports to the bms. Everything was going well and we started to put it on the bike and see if it worked. Well the esc was connected to the motor. I don’t know if the bike was on or not. I had the negative from the battery going to the bms. And when we went to put the positive to the esc it arced really bad and destroyed the positive discharge end from the battery. I don’t know what happened. My idea was that we need to put in a switch so it’s not immediately trying to draw power creating an arch. Any ideas?
    Last edited by rcking2015; 09-16-2018, 06:19 PM.

The bms was also very hot after the incident

Comment

Sounds like a direct short verses a controller capacitor(s) charge... as-built wiring diagram would be required to see where the problem may be. DC polarity matching? Unless your controller is shorted. Yep, seen that on forums with a brand new one. Open it up and take a look.

Regards,
      T.C.
      See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Working...
      X