No announcement yet.

Scott Sportster p3 2008 with Bafang BBSHD my first Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest additions to my build: Shimano steps FC-E6000 Crankset and Union CNC flat pedals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	78809
    Last edited by Stavros; 11-23-2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

When I installed the e-brake sensor for hydraulic brakes I adjusted the distance between the magnet and the sensor in such a way that a slight movement of the brake lever would result in motor cutting off.

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	78906

Some times if the brake lever did not return exactly in its initial position, even for 1mm, the motor would not restart after using the brakes.

So I had to move the magnetic field of the magnet a little bit towards the sensor. I first used a small neodymium magnet i had but the magnetic field was so strong that the sensor was not working at all.

Finally I used an iron nut that worked perfectly and permanently glued it with epoxy.

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	78907

Comment

Last addition a SRAM PG 970 11-34 9-speed cassette

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	79777

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	79778
        Last edited by Stavros; 12-15-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

The finished product:

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	79780

Comment

Great work!

Two questions. How much did it cost? I am also interested in building a SPECIALIZED Rockhopper to e-mtb. do you think that this combo you used will be ok?
            Thank you

Comment

Thanks for your kind response!

I searched the net and found pics of the SPECIALIZED Rockhopper and I think that it is suitable to be converted to e-mtb.

I also think my combo will be suitable. In the first post you can find my order from fasterbikes.eu which is a very reliable and supportive e-shop.

You will be amazed by the power of BBSHD!

The cost is about 1500 - 1800 Euros depending on optional accessories.

Comment

Working...
              X